Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i'm getting the impression that it's just best to flash your BUS yourself when you finally bite the bullet and get new/different tires.

So I'm looking at the ProCal AEV from quadratech. So then i started looking on amazon and noticed there are others to choose from as well....like from SuperChips.

I really only want to spend $150 or less as it'll be a 1 time deal i'm sure.

I have a 2014 and all i want to do is:
Change tire size
turn off TPMS
turn on DRL

so.....any suggestions?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Procal will do everything you have listed
I would research this further by calling ProCal or reading reviews because I've read numerous times that both Procal and Flashcal FAIL to do things they state they can. It seems all they can do now is adjust for tire size and turn OFF tpms (not set it to another number).

Personally, I'm not willing to spend $150 to get a more accurate speedometer. It's keeping my miles down and I've already adjusted to reading my speed as it is 10% off.

If it could utilize the fogs with highbeams feature and turn on DRLs in any situation you choose (headlights, fog lights, marker lights, etc), it'd be a lot more worth it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've set tire size for correct speedo
axle gear ratio when I regeared
tpms off for off road then back on for on road, has different pressure settings you choose
Dont use the daytime light feature
Has settings for low beams on,high beams on,turn signals on,foglights on,european on, or off

·
Super Moderator
22,075 Posts
I would research this further by calling ProCal or reading reviews because I've read numerous times that both Procal and Flashcal FAIL to do things they state they can. It seems all they can do now is adjust for tire size and turn OFF tpms (not set it to another number).

Personally, I'm not willing to spend $150 to get a more accurate speedometer. It's keeping my miles down and I've already adjusted to reading my speed as it is 10% off.

If it could utilize the fogs with highbeams feature and turn on DRLs in any situation you choose (headlights, fog lights, marker lights, etc), it'd be a lot more worth it.
this is bad information. I have my threshold set at 19psi and it works as advertised. and it will set any lights you choose to DRL. I have my fog lights as DRL. I have used one on a 2013 and on my 2014. If you have an automatic tranny it also puts the shift points where they are supposed to be. If your speedo is 10% your shift points are not optimal.

·
Registered
347 Posts
this is bad information. I have my threshold set at 19psi and it works as advertised. and it will set any lights you choose to DRL. I have my fog lights as DRL. I have used one on a 2013 and on my 2014. If you have an automatic tranny it also puts the shift points where they are supposed to be. If your speedo is 10% your shift points are not optimal.
I have a manual transmission so if doesn't affect me.

I could be wrong but that's what I've read that both these products are trash.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did my lift last weekend and got the Procal. The unit is really easy to use and works perfectly. Got my speedometer within less than 1 mph. Also turned the DRLs on and centered the steering. Very good instructions so very user friendly.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I have a manual transmission so if doesn't affect me.

I could be wrong but that's what I've read that both these products are trash.
I have a manual also but the Procal has many other functions. If you're talking about performance chips I would say that you're correct, but as far as an AEV Procal or Superchips Flashcal I would agree with you that you're wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts