Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read everything I could find, but can't seem to find a confirmed answer. So I will ask straight away.

Does the AEV Procal allow you to change the range of tire pressure that triggers the idiot light on the dash?

I would like to run 32 PSI cold in my load range D Duratracs and the light drives me crazy.

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Hi, yes it will. Set it to 26 though. Here's why: the Jeep will want you to be 4# over the minimum after you've gone below that threshold.

So, say you wheel and air down to 20. You quickly air back up to 28 and hit the road it'll ding ding you air up past 30.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that clarification. Going to get a procal soon then. Maybe accidentally get an AEV front bumper at the same time!

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Glad I could help! Wouldn't be a bad accident. I have some of their gear and very happy with each component!

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
Yes, but from what I am told to use it on another vehicle you have to set the first vehicle back to factory specs then use it on a second vehicle. AEV would lose a lot of sales otherwise.
that is correct. I have used my procal on both my 2013 and 2014. I reset my 2013 back to factory parimeters in the dealer parking lot before trading it in and it the used it on my new 14.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I picked up a procal tonight. For a 2014 the lowest you can take the tpms psi level is 28#. The procal manual states 22 but my 2014 will not go down past 28.

·
Registered
172 Posts
With the procal can you turn it off the dummy light all together? So if you didn't want to run the sensors you won't have the light on?

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
So I picked up a procal tonight. For a 2014 the lowest you can take the tpms psi level is 28#. The procal manual states 22 but my 2014 will not go down past 28.
you can go lower I had my 2014 rubicon set at 22 and it worked. I have it written down at home how to do it and will let you know tomorrow when I get home.

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
first 3 dip switches all the way up next one (switch 4)down switch 5 up then next 2 (6 and 7) down then 8 up and then last one down. that worked on my 14 rubicon. I run 26psi and never have an issue until I drop down to 16 psi or so for off road.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I don't like the TPMS valve stems, because they seem to slow down the airing down process every time I go four wheeling (which is every week). So when I switched to aftermarket wheels and 35" tires on my 2014 JK, I left the TPMS sensors out, and turned the system completely off with my Procal. I am checking, or changing the air pressure in my tires all the time, so I don't need a sensor telling me what the pressure is. Its nice to be able to shut off another electronic nanny.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't like the TPMS valve stems, because they seem to slow down the airing down process every time I go four wheeling (which is every week). So when I switched to aftermarket wheels and 35" tires on my 2014 JK, I left the TPMS sensors out, and turned the system completely off with my Procal. I am checking, or changing the air pressure in my tires all the time, so I don't need a sensor telling me what the pressure is. Its nice to be able to shut off another electronic nanny.
That's what I will do once I get new tires!! Glad to know its possible to turn it off all together!

·
Registered
157 Posts
FYI, Bring the pressure to 37psi to turn off the light and then you can take it down to 30psi before it triggers the light again. No Procal needed. I keep mine at 32.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts