Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2012 JKU looking for a new set of ProComp 7089s

17 x 8 size 5x5

(I'm stressing over 8" or 9" width, but I think I prefer less of a protrusion of the tires out the fender well even though I like the look of the wider stance...:confused:)

Anyone know where they might be in stock? Preferably in the western part of the U.S.. and maybe even discounted shipping...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Have a 2012 JKU looking for a new set of ProComp 7089s

17 x 8 size 5x5

(I'm stressing over 8" or 9" width, but I think I prefer less of a protrusion of the tires out the fender well even though I like the look of the wider stance...:confused:)

Anyone know where they might be in stock? Preferably in the western part of the U.S.. and maybe even discounted shipping...
Good luck on ProComp. I tried to order some 7069's back in October and was told by ProComp that they had a delay on that line and wouldn't start shipping until the 2nd week in Feb. If everyone is out of the 7089's, it'll be a long wait!

I went with the Mickey Thompson Classic II's in black for a couple bucks more and I'm happy that I did.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm very tempting... I want to make my own rashes though on my new wheels plus I want a bigger tire. Thanks though!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Procomps were my original choice for a rim. But when I tried to order em, couldn't find anybody that had the kind I wanted in stock. Finally, a guy at rimzoneonline told me they'd discontinued that type...

Have you tried calling Pro Comp directly?

Toll Free: (800) 776-0767

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That might make sense. It looked like they went from the 7089 to a 7098 which either one is good for me, although I kind of like the 7089 better.

I'll call Procomp. Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
it waited about 6 weeks for my 7069s but I was happy I did...listen to kbwwolf and give them a call. They will let you know when the shipments are coming and can give you some idea on dates. I usualled called each week to get an update on the status.

Also you mentioned above about stressing between 8 or 9 width. What really makes them stick out more from under the fender is backspacing. The lower the number, the more they will stick out, so you may be able to get a wider wheel with a higher backspacing that doesn't stick out as much, just look at the specs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I put 16X8 7089 on mine and went through Discount Tires. They had to come from California so u may be in luck since you're already there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts