Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 10th anniversary Rubicon and I am unable to program a new key or get the DTC codes from my jeep using the procedures below. I've tried multiple times with each procedure but am having no luck with either procedure. I'm beginning to think that something is wrong with the computer or whatever would control those functions. anyone know what does control those functions? I might just take it to the dealer but other than those 2 things the jeep runs/drives fine. if I didn't want a new key or check the DTC codes I would never know anything was wrong.

Step 1, Insert first factory key and turn ignition on for 5 seconds, remove key.
Step 2, Insert second factory key and turn ignition on for 15 seconds, remove key.
Step 3, Insert new key, wait about 30 seconds, remove it.

1. To check your Jeep JK Wrangler’s DTC codes, simply insert your key into the ignition, turn it to the ‘ON’ position but do not start the engine. Then, push the key into the ignition cylinder and while holding it in, turn it to the ‘OFF’ position and then back to the ‘ON’ position (3) times straight making sure to end with it in the ‘ON’ position. It is important to keep pushing in on the key to prevent it from catching at the different positions along the way.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts