Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen this posted here yet, and I think that quite a few folks might be interested in this development. Apparently, Hypertech has finally cracked the JK programming.

Unfortunately, the only info we have right now is in the following image. And, while the poster only says 2012-2013, Wayalife's latest post listed 2011 as well. The poster is also VERY vague on what features it has beyond those already found on the ProCal (tire size, tpms, etc).

Wayalife did state that they cracked it open, though... so who knows?

If anyone finds any additional info, please share!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Getting mixed messages now... they may not have "cracked" anything. Instead, it now sounds like they simply found a way around the firewalls in order to tweak a few extra things? We'll definitely need to wait for reviews to figure out exactly what they've accomplished; but, the good news is that they're claiming a "5 to 10% increase in performance."

We shall see... more info here:
http://www.enginelabs.com/features/...tor-power-tuning-available-for-hemi-vehicles/

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hyper tech, diablo, they all announced the 2011 and up Chrysler tuning the last couple days. They didn't crack it, Chrysler finally gave in and caved to the pressure and gave it up. The SRT executive hinted they were giving it up a couple months ago. They were losing charger and challenger guys to camaro and mustang and really had to if they wanted to get sales of the v8 versions of those cars back up. Srt8 cars were turning into lumps on dealer lots cause you couldn't tune them or add superchargers. I got rid of my custom 2010 challenger to build a supercharged 392 but when they didn't give up the code I bailed on the idea.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Elarson said:
Hyper tech, diablo, they all announced the 2011 and up Chrysler tuning the last couple days. They didn't crack it, Chrysler finally gave in and caved to the pressure and gave it up. The SRT executive hinted they were giving it up a couple months ago. They were losing charger and challenger guys to camaro and mustang and really had to if they wanted to get sales of the v8 versions of those cars back up. Srt8 cars were turning into lumps on dealer lots cause you couldn't tune them or add superchargers. I got rid of my custom 2010 challenger to build a supercharged 392 but when they didn't give up the code I bailed on the idea.
Do you have any additional info on the Jeep versions of these tuners yet?

I'm actually about to use a brand new ProCal tomorrow on my 2013 JKUR after I install my lift... should I return it and wait for these tuners instead? Or maybe use it for a little while then revert to stock and sell it once the tuners are available?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Nothing with any detail. I talked to a Diablo tech today who said they were offering tunes for several cars except the 2012 Wrangler and it was due to known head issues they didn't want to get involved with yet. I just checked their website because the Trinity programmer is now on it and it does NOT do the 3.6 Wrangler which seems to support what he told me.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
kramer2k said:
In my mind I completely separate 2011 and under from 2012 and above. Completely different animals, yes?

. :hide:
Nope. The 11's got the new interior and ecmu. So i guess you could say the 11's are an animal of there own since they have the interior and the old 3.8

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Elarson said:
Like I said Diablo at least appears to be doing the 2011 3.8 but at least right now not touching the 3.6. Hypertech not sure yet.
Hypertech's marketing material does include the new 3.6 in the mix...

·
Registered
91 Posts
im about to pull the trigger on the diaplosport trinity t1000.... one thing that is confusing is it does not allow for gear ration changes.... I have 5.13's with 35s so spending 600$ on a tuner i expect it to do everything i want. I did some research and got mixed messages... can anyone confirm that i will be ok with the trinity in regards to my axle ratio?

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
Nope. The 11's got the new interior and ecmu. So i guess you could say the 11's are an animal of there own since they have the interior and the old 3.8
Interesting observation.
That does put the 2011s in a unique place, for better or for worse.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The questions are, with any tune. What was the stock settings? And this "canned tune" what are the new settings? A/f ratio, spark, fuel etc...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Why was Chrysler ever making it hard to crack anyway?

Have you engineers engineer better vehicles, not figure out ways to thwart the aftermarket!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts