Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first posting so bear with me as I get adjusted - guidance is always welcome. Recently retired and bought a project 89 Wrangler. It was sold by a friend of the prior owner who was converting the 2.5L over to a SBC 350 (2 engines included: 14093638 and 10243880) with Blazer axles, NV3500 4 or 5 speed (GM 8680834), and a NP241C Transfer Case (believe all this is correct from my research so far).

Lots to do but the frame and body are mostly rust-free, which is great for a East Coast Jeep. Removed body from chassis and now getting ready to prep the chassis. The original gas tank appears to be a 15 gallon tank which needs replacing (top is rusted through). The current SBC Carb is a TBI Rochester 220 T8-150(L) #17087101 so was thinking of using an external fuel pump. Reviewed the Quadratec site and see there are lots of tank options.

Anyone have recommendations based on similar efforts? Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Trying to Add my updated signature in case this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Reactions: harrisdgja

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the MTS link. I had looked at the Quadratec site which showed 3 different types of gas tanks and many sender units/pumps. Having the MTS website page to compare adds more information.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the FSMs too!

Should also say thanks for the Dropbox FSMs - they are great. I picked up same for my Harley Trike and what a help they are when troubleshooting, especially electrical problems.

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
FWIW, Delphi supplied many of the OEM in tank pumps for GM, I've replaced Two in different vehicles with good results....so far...LOL. I know that on my '89 I had to use the old tank connector and splice onto new sender on my '89. I would solder those connections before install rather than use any kind of crimp connector. Some of the other guys with newer models may have updated info

Reactions: harrisdgja
1 - 6 of 6 Posts