Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought Ol Colossus back in July 2014 and it is my fourth Jeep I owned, second JK. Colossus is a 2014 Billet Silver Unlimited Rubicon with a 6 speed manual transmission. Colossus has evolved a lot since I picked it up and you can follow my build here as I will never be done modding.

The day I picked Colossus up:

First mods consited of Banks Cold Air Intake, Dynomax Dual Exhaust, Rugged Ridge Floor mats, Trek Armor Handles, and a Smitybuilt tailgate carrier.

Tinted Windows

Rough Country 2.5" Coil Spacer Lift

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Colossus is really coming together! Great setup!!! The vinyl wrap on the grill is an awesome touch.

So I'm doing the RR snorkel mod in a couple of months. (Thanks for posting the pictures of the install.) If you have any hints on making the install easier please send them our way.

Thanks for the inspiration,
Jase

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Colossus is really coming together! Great setup!!! The vinyl wrap on the grill is an awesome touch.

So I'm doing the RR snorkel mod in a couple of months. (Thanks for posting the pictures of the install.) If you have any hints on making the install easier please send them our way.

Thanks for the inspiration,
Jase
Thanks!

and as far as the RR install goes, the instructions are very good and detailed. I didnt have too much of a problem. I didn't do a detailed install cause a quick search can find many writeups on the RR snorkel install. The hardest part is just getting the whole quarter panel off then cutting it. Overall Im very happy with it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Put on some new Rubicon decals. I just can't leave them alone.

Also installed some LEDs in the rear to help with backing up at night. Installed two new rocker switches also. Just need to install my Rock lights for the Zombie Lights switch.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's badass! What is the zombie light switch for? Also, do the 35's rub with a 2.5" lift?
The zombie lights are not hooked up yet but I plan on hooking up some LED rock lights to that switch.

Yes the 35s did rub with the 2.5 inch lift when the jeep would flex offroad, as far as normal driving they did not rub.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking good! Been thinking about swapping to STT's. Jealous of the 37s, wish I could run them.
Thanks! First time running the STTs actually so I'll see how they do. I've ran only Nittos in the past. They are louder on the road then I'd thought they be but aren't as loud as Mud Grapplers.

Looks great, nice job. Can you post side by side pics of the 2.5" lift versus the 6" lift as I'd love to see the difference gained. Also, did the ride/drive ability change much?

It rides a little stiffer then compared to stock. Also has some vibrations once I hit about 65. I think the steering is out of alignment tho which would cause the vibrations.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts