Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I'm new to the Jeep world and wanted to document my build for myself and others. I've had my '15 Hard Rock for about three weeks now and I've done a couple very minor modifications.. So far just door sill entry guards, switching the factory antenna for an antenna x, and blacking out the front Jeep logo. I have a mesh grill guard, new wrangler decals, and a Maximus 3 LP hoop waiting for install! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys!

I've already spent quite a bit in the short time I've had it! I'm working on a college student budget though, so I anticipate a slower build.. Hopefully ordering some Spyder Auto Tail lights, JW Speaker headlights/fogs, and some LED interior lights within the next month or so. Also really like the SpiderWebShade JKini Top so definitely gonna order that when the weather in Texas starts to warm up a bit. Then of course lift/tires/wheels :happyyes:

I'll post some more pictures here once I get the stuff installed within the next few days!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Welcome! Don't for get to add coil overs and 37's to that list ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! Don't for get to add coil overs and 37's to that list ;)
Hahaha, as much as I would LOVE to put 37's on, I most likely won't.. I know, total Jeep sin :9lame:

But I am a small girl (5'3ish) and it's high for me already! :jawdrop: I'm thinking of just doing a leveling kit for now and probably 33's.. Maaaaybe 35's down the road with an actual lift, depends. This is my daily driver and I commute from school to my hometown a lot, so lots of things to consider!

I would like a good height a tire combo that's good for small people and it still great for daily driving and weekend off roading.. I'm a total newb to this stuff though.. Anyone with any suggestions to help a girl out?

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts
Hahaha, as much as I would LOVE to put 37's on, I most likely won't.. I know, total Jeep sin :9lame:

But I am a small girl (5'3ish) and it's high for me already! :jawdrop: I'm thinking of just doing a leveling kit for now and probably 33's.. Maaaaybe 35's down the road with an actual lift, depends. This is my daily driver and I commute from school to my hometown a lot, so lots of things to consider!

I would like a good height a tire combo that's good for small people and it still great for daily driving and weekend off roading.. I'm a total newb to this stuff though.. Anyone with any suggestions to help a girl out?

My wife is 5' 3", here's how she rolls:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Got the windows tinted today! Think it looks great.
Was thinking about getting that done myself. What's it cost to do the front windows? I haven't bothered getting any quotes yet since I've been doing lots of other mods.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was thinking about getting that done myself. What's it cost to do the front windows? I haven't bothered getting any quotes yet since I've been doing lots of other mods.
My dad actually knows a guy that does tint, so he only charged me $100 for all the windows. Never bothered getting a quote since this guy is a family friend and is always cheap.

·
Registered
145 Posts
There's a place in Castle Rock that does good work. Will go darker if you want. PM me if you want their name.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
New decals put on! Super easy install.
The red isn't a 100% match with the Rubicon hood sticker though.. Can't decide if I want to change out the hood sticker so that it matches or if I'm okay with it. We'll see.

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
New decals put on! Super easy install.
The red isn't a 100% match with the Rubicon hood sticker though.. Can't decide if I want to change out the hood sticker so that it matches or if I'm okay with it. We'll see.
I debated on changing out the Rubicon too for the same reason. I decided to let it right for a while but I like the Red/Silver combo I have on my Wranger stickers.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I debated on changing out the Rubicon too for the same reason. I decided to let it right for a while but I like the Red/Silver combo I have on my Wranger stickers.
Yeah, I think I'll sit on them for a while before I decide. I really like your combo! I figured it would be a pretty decent match, but these decals are almost a bright red and the Rubicon decal is a darker red.

Anyway, gonna order Spyder Auto tail lights within the next few days.. I've heard majority good about them, anyone use any other brand and really like them?

1 - 20 of 117 Posts