Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Nice, congrats!

-Steven

Reactions: Shadowmaker

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few days later with a lack of time, had the local shop toss a Rough Country 2.5 spacer lift under it. It got twitchy on the highway the one closest to us needs some repaving. All the truck and studded tires have done a number on it, so the Jeep got walked all over the road while I held on for dear life.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Decided to try out Nitto Ridge Grapplers. In the past I have ran Duratracs and Wildpeak AT3/Ws since I mostly drive on the freeway. Of course as predicted it became more twitchy. But it looked good! :bop:

285/75r17 on a stock wheel with a well rated Amazon wheel spacer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put some front Teraflex sport arms on that I scored from AOR and that made a monstrous difference in the twitchyness. Not quite back to orignal manners, but close enough for me.

Then we took it out wheeling up to Cooks Lake, ID

Attachments

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took it wheeling again then slapped some Procomp Headlights in. Single best investment so far. They are bright with clean cutoff lines. When I hit the high beams it is like I am firing a wide body laser beam down the street.

Just before the headlamps, I added the AppCar app. A windows based application that gives you access to the computer similar in end function as a Flashcal or Procal, just a bit more technical and closer to my budget. This allowed me to move the Daytime running lights to my fog lamps since the Procomps do not have that feature, program the tire size, and adjust my TPMS for lower pressures. I'm sure it has other features, but I have not had the time to dive into it yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Swapped over to some Patagonia Milestar M/T tires LT315/70R17 (35X12.50R17LT). They are a D load rating and look beefy! Then ran them hard in Rain, Ice and Snow coming away pretty happy with them. They are a touch more noisy then the Nittos, but perform better in the inclement weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
nice build so far! still working on mine but dang it your giving me more ideas for my build!!:pcwhack:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Daystar Hood Latch

Boring mod..

Semis on opposing two lane stretches doing 60mph plus make me wobble and my hood too. And since I still appreciate the look of the hood, I chose some Daystars. Takes a gorilla to open the hood latch now, but it does not budge one single bit. Not sure why Jeep never just contracted out to Daystar for the improved version and mounted them at the factory. Not like an additional $10 would suck to much out of the profit margin.

Clipped off the old plastic pins and screwed down the new ones in less than 15 minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did not fully appreciate the TC-6 tire carrier so I installed a Smittybilt Pivot Tire Carrier instead. Directions sucked big time, but overall I love it! The little Smitty has a few cool features included that leaned me that way. Then took it out and vibe tested it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wheels

Recently I was get funny looks in the parking lot. At first, I thought it was my sexy Jeep, then I thought it was my twins in the back seat making farting noises as a grandma came out of a restaurant. Alas when I was twin-less one day, I realized it was me turning the steering wheel a bit too much with the air dam still installed and untrimmed. Climbed under the Jeep and spent five whole minutes removing it.

Then finally had some new wheels put on from Quadratec. Chose the Hardrock Black with machined accents. Time to toss out the wheel spacers. Stance is good, no rubbing. Pretty happy adding that splash of black to the red.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/92615_24X5_PG.htm

In the end... I still think it needs more black. Mostly up top. Gonna have to look into a roof rack by spring as I think that will tone down that brightness up there.

Probably look into a ghetto bumper front bumper soon too..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seat Recline

Installed the Ohio Diesel Seat recline kit from Amazon. As I was installing it, I had the perception from where the spacers were being placed that there was no way that it was going to provide any additional space for my kiddos feet. As they are sitting in car seats at 3 years old there feet were big enough to have to angle them as they sat in the seat.

Put the car seats back in and low and behold I gained some extra space! More room for their feet and an unexpected amount of space for getting them into the seat.

Sad part, I have had this kit sitting around the house since August and just installed it this weekend.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did an oil change recently and decided I am gonna commit to 5w-20 Pennzoil Platinum as it meets the Chrysler Material Standard MS-6395 along with Mopar Oil filters torqued to 8ft-lbs.

The blend of not having a ton of time on my hands and cold temps has kept most of the stuff I have ordered in the boxes. -Sadness-

Although I tried to install the CHMSL AEV third brake light today with plans of hooking up the camera only to find out that the wheels don't fit with the width of LED fixture. Time to break out the cutoff wheel since I like the brightness of the AEV.

Gonna swap out the front bumper next Monday no matter the temperature.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Recently I was get funny looks in the parking lot. At first, I thought it was my sexy Jeep, then I thought it was my twins in the back seat making farting noises as a grandma came out of a restaurant. Alas when I was twin-less one day, I realized it was me turning the steering wheel a bit too much with the air dam still installed and untrimmed. Climbed under the Jeep and spent five whole minutes removing it.

Then finally had some new wheels put on from Quadratec. Chose the Hardrock Black with machined accents. Time to toss out the wheel spacers. Stance is good, no rubbing. Pretty happy adding that splash of black to the red.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/92615_24X5_PG.htm

In the end... I still think it needs more black. Mostly up top. Gonna have to look into a roof rack by spring as I think that will tone down that brightness up there.

Probably look into a ghetto bumper front bumper soon too..
Looks great!!

1 - 20 of 124 Posts