Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a used but stock (mostly, the Rubicon wheels were absent) 2012 Rubicon Unlimited a few years ago for a lighter vehicle to hunt during a very wet year in a place with bad sticky clay. White was not my first color choice, but this one had the factory equipment I wanted.

I took it in first thing for new bumpers, a winch and extra lights, all helpful for where I was hunting. Except for some Weathertech mats I added later, it stayed that way for a while.

Not long ago, I decided it was time for new tires and shocks, and figured "in for a penny." Added 3.5" AEV lift, white alloy wheels, 4.56 gears, and 35" Toyo MTs. Still did not have the little extra that I had been thinking in the back of my mind.

My daughters were having a little trouble with the height, so I talked to my mechanic about putting in some Poison Spyder rocker protection that gives a little lip to step on, and asked him to look into some graphics I wanted. I was very pleased with the results.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Last week I added front and rear Grabars...the fronts were trickier than the back and the second one was a lot easier because I learned.

Last week I ordered new covers for the seats from Katzkin, in coffee and tangerine with orange stitching. They were installed today.

Many thanks to Sabrina at Katzkin and everyone at American Sunroof and Upholstery on Irving Boulevard in Dallas. I know it won't make it more capable, but I daily drive the Jeep often and the originals were getting pretty worn, especially on the driver's side.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Picked up the Jeep last night from the latest mods, but one vendor shipped the wrong parts, so part of the work has not been done. And I messed up some of the pics and will have to retake them. Briefly, I had the hardtop and flares painted, added two lights to the back bumper (would have done some flush mount but the angles are wrong), new hood latched (no more zip ties), and added the ARB drawer and Grabars Flip=Down storage. They shipped the wrong trim kit so the drawer is not done yet, and I did not get a chance to take picture of the flip-down storage box yet.

I will add some full length pictures when I retake them. Fingerprints over the lens....

Cubes added to the corners of the rear bumper:

New hood latches:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks awesome. Would you tell us what it cost to have the top painted? I have a color matched hardtop and have been thinking of getting it painted flat/satin tan to look like a soft top, similar to what you've done or jscherb's barn door hardtop.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't want to say because the numbesr moved around a bit as the scope of work changed and I would have to pull out the invoice and compare to the estimate. It wasn't cheap but a lot less than buying an orange jeep!
That's cool. I'm about to start my CJ Golden Eagle Tribute JK, really like what you've done. (except the wheels, but that's just me).

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Nice! Took yours farther than mine. Love yours.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I cut/pasted this from the thread in General Discussion..wanted to keep all the mods here as well.

Finally pulled the trigger and got the ARB rollout drawer with side covers put in. There was a few weeks' delay while the correct trim kit showed up...

The drawer closed:

Open:

Left Side Trim Piece/Storage:

Right side trim piece/storage:

And stowed some recovery gear:

Pics are not great...need to download the ones off the camera and not rely on the cell phone...

Glad I got it done, now if my schedule will ease up and the weather cooperates, need to get off the dang road...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts