Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I took the LJ wheeling for the first time since owning it this past Saturday. I discovered there is a locker in the Dana 30. (I suspect a Lunchbox of some type). I was sort of suspicious because I could feel it when making sharp turns (Like parking) but there is absolutely no clicking from it like others i have installed so it may be a full case locker IDK. Any ways I had a blast and am real pleased with the LJ to this point. It was very slick and sprinkled most of the day. With it being my first outing I wasn't prepared to beat on it to terribly. https://flic.kr/p/yeYDC320150926_142050_zpspv3gogg5 by jeepster1407, on Flickr I also pieced together an exhaust and I received the delivery from Advance Auto last night. Should be a super simple bolt on... we shall see. I was able to get all this along with a spare spicer 5-760x joint shipped to my door for $85... with a coupon code. I didn't think that was a bad deal.
I saw you're from Georgia. Mind if I ask where this was at? I'm always looking for new places.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
The build has been slow as of lately with all the holidays and the multitude of projects the wife has me doing. I still have the Poison Spyder Defenders to install and I've been working on an overhead CB rack that runs from above the windshield to the B pillar. I'll try and get pics of it soon. In the meantime here's a shot of the new CB and external speaker I purchased.

Thanks to the HUGE generosity of another forum I'm the proud new owner of an IAS on board air system. I cant wait till it arrives and I can start mocking up mounting locations for it. I think I've got a plan of attack for it that would fit my needs and wants perfect.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Here's some pics of the mostly finished CB rack I threw together. It should last until I do a front cage add on, at which point i'll mount my CB to the cage.

First step was to drill out the factory rivets holding on the footman loop above the rear view mirror in the windshield and install some new rivet nuts so I can bolt on the mount.

Next I bent a bracket to mount here.

I had to sort of bastardize it with a few holes so the factory clips in the windshield trim piece will still clip into the windshield frame.

After the front support was semi finalized I worked on the rear. I forgot to get a picture of these mounts but I made 2 that are identical. They sandwich the factory B pillar with factory padding and hold the mount between them.

As for the Mount between the brackets I used Advantech house sub floor, Its got like a 30 year guarantee not to swell if left out in the weather so that's plenty good for me. The mount simply bolts to the bottom of the windshield mount and is held between the two rear mounts. I found some fabric that matched toe roll bar padding and wrapped it in that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I like where all this is going. How do you like those springs? I am about to order some myself.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Everything is looking great. Sorry I never replied to your email a couple months back. I started a new job and was out of town the first couple of weeks for it. When I finally remembered, I saw where you had already purchased the rear flares.

Can't wait to see the flares mounted. I've been debating between having mine fully gloss black or doing the gloss black and texture the "flare" part of the front like you did. Get them on and post some pics!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Step one of the powder coating process is complete. Everything has been painted a gloss black that matches the factory paint. I have started masking to prep for a lightly textured matte black powder on the flare portion.
Jeepster1407, what paint was used to match the factory paint? Did you have it professionally sprayed or did you spray it? Thanks in advance.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts