Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just got my new jeep Saturday. I put some money down on her and traded in my old daily. I'm new to the jeep world, but a veteran of the aftermarket world. I've never owned a stock vehicle and never will. I will update this list as time goes on. I also plan to put how much I spent on each item and a labor estimate if I didn't do it myself. This is for me and the viewers. Sometimes I wish I could've stumbled upon a thread of a rig I wanted to see a build sheet with prices to sway me in certain directions. This is not to rub in anyone's faces to how much I have spent versus others.

Current MODS:
Interior:
- Black Katzkin heated leather seats with yellow stitching & "WRANGLER" stitched in the seat - $1799 installed

- WeatherTech floor liners for front, rear, and cargo areas - $247 shipped

Exterior:
Stock

Performance:
Stock

Mechanical:
Stock

Future MODS:
To be updated soon

I will be updating this page as I get things installed with pictures and as I paint the canvas of this beautiful rig.

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WeatherTech mats are in!

Not much of an installation. So for my review so far:

The first and passenger seat liners are AWESOME. Fitment is perfect and they clamp in to the factory mat retaining clips.

The back seat liners are nice. They even cover the middle hump on the floor board that the factory ones do not cover. However, they do not clip in to the factory retaining clips underneath the front seats. This is sort of a bummer. Not sure why they don't because the have holes in the mat for them.

For the rear cargo liner, I think I am the least impressed. They make only one design for jeeps and there is an optional sub woofer cut out. I haven't cut it out yet and didn't want to in case the dog vomits when back there. But, I noticed going to work today that the sub vibrations is making it rattle BAD. I may just have to cut it out or put something underneath it. The point of this mat was to provide more coverage for the dog accidents.

Will keep y'all updated with what I decide.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,205 Posts
WeatherTech mats are in!

Not much of an installation. So for my review so far:

The first and passenger seat liners are AWESOME. Fitment is perfect and they clamp in to the factory mat retaining clips.

The back seat liners are nice. They even cover the middle hump on the floor board that the factory ones do not cover. However, they do not clip in to the factory retaining clips underneath the front seats. This is sort of a bummer. Not sure why they don't because the have holes in the mat for them.

For the rear cargo liner, I think I am the least impressed. They make only one design for jeeps and there is an optional sub woofer cut out. I haven't cut it out yet and didn't want to in case the dog vomits when back there. But, I noticed going to work today that the sub vibrations is making it rattle BAD. I may just have to cut it out or put something underneath it. The point of this mat was to provide more coverage for the dog accidents.

Will keep y'all updated with what I decide.
Every Jeep needs a Jeep dog!

Do you have the subwoofer? I was really disappointed when they moved it to the floor. Don't know what their reasoning was??? I guess a little better sound by sacrificing the usability of the entire rear floor :D

My dog goes almost everywhere with me (except to work) I found it was better to remove the carpet. The only hair/vomit/mud/whatever worries I have are the backs of the rear seat.

Good luck on those seat covers!! :thumb:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Every Jeep needs a Jeep dog!

Do you have the subwoofer? I was really disappointed when they moved it to the floor. Don't know what their reasoning was??? I guess a little better sound by sacrificing the usability of the entire rear floor :D

My dog goes almost everywhere with me (except to work) I found it was better to remove the carpet. The only hair/vomit/mud/whatever worries I have are the backs of the rear seat.

Good luck on those seat covers!! :thumb:
I agree. My dog is the best and is definitely my furry riding companion. I do have the alpine 9 speaker premium sound system. Its flipping awesome. I am a big audiophile. It serves my needs with the top on.

I think the intent was to free up the rear cargo space and to also give the floor that bass punch that can be felt through the cabin. The design most certainly works.

And, thanks. I am pretty excited about the seats as well. Pics will come once they are in. I should be taking it in either Friday or Monday.

·
For The Horde!
77 Posts
Bingo.
Sweet ride though, I know a lot of people will want to see those custom leather seats. you should post it up in the general discussion once you get them installed.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bingo.
Sweet ride though, I know a lot of people will want to see those custom leather seats. you should post it up in the general discussion once you get them installed.
"Pics or it didn't happen"

Pics galore it is!

Yep, there's no rule on whether a Sport or Sahara is a JKUS
:redface:

·
Administrator
17,205 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I fixed the rattle of the WeatherTech floor mat. I ended up putting the factory mat back down and then laying the WeatherTech on top of it. Now, I cannot even tell the WeatherTech is there (rattling noise). It doesn't add hardly any height. My dog can jump 10 feet in the air, so I am not worried about the extra 3/4 inch it may boost it up.

I am getting the itch to buy something. My leather seat order still hasn't arrived yet. Getting a little irritated and impatient. Oh well. I think the next buy is going to be some custom paracord bars. I want something like the top left hand corner of 13cords attached photo. I am buying from them. I do not own this photo. I am just simply showing what I am interested in.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,473 Posts
Sport. I noticed that after I put JKUS in the title that many probably think I have a Sahara when it is indeed a Sport.
Yep, it's kinda open ended. Most often a Sport is a JKU and a Sahara is a JKUS and a Rubi is JKUR or JKUHR for a Hard Rock... But it's still Jeep no matter what you want to call it!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep, it's kinda open ended. Most often a Sport is a JKU and a Sahara is a JKUS and a Rubi is JKUR or JKUHR for a Hard Rock... But it's still Jeep no matter what you want to call it!!!
Yeah. I asked one of you mods to fix the title anywho. I decided to build a "beastly stormtrooper." Figured it would be a good build name especially with Star Wars franchise being rebooted. :dance:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wahoo! So I picked these up Like-New Used.

JW Speaker 8700 Evolution J Black headlights - $475 shipped

I figured I would help out a fellow jeeper and save about 75-100 bucks off a new set. He sent me pictures, they look flawless. Can't wait till they get here. I will be posting Phase 1 list soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Phase 1:

Tuffy Hood Lock - Sure, its not Mopar's. But, i've researched it and have heard great reviews on it and no need to use a rivet tool.

Rugged Ridge Textured Black Round Quick Release Mirror Kit - Spring is practically here and Summer is fast approaching. Need a temp mirror set when the doors come off. Opting for the round texturized black.

AntennaX Off-Road (13-inch) Antenna for (07 thru 16) Jeep Wrangler JK - This is self explanatory. Its stealth. Good for trails and look ALOT better than stock.

Jeep Wrangler 2007-2016 4 Door Black Fuel Filler Door - This is more of aesthetic mod if anything. A must on my phase 1 list.

Rugged Ridge Dash Multi-Mount Phone Kit - I wish it came stock like this. This is what I am opting to get to hold my phone with using GPS, etc.

Safaripal Black Metal Dead Pedal Left Side Foot Rest Kick Panel for 2007-2015 Jeep Wrangler JK & Unlimited - I am already starting to get tired of having nothing to rest my foot on.

Jeep Wrangler 2007-2016 4 Door Black Plastic Door Sill Entry Guards-Set of 4 with Jeep Logo - I see this as necessary. Many people say to do it and I understand why.

LITE-WAY (Pack of Two) Jeep Wrangler 07-15 Front Turn Signal Lights Amber Led Smoke Lens Turn Parking Function - Since I am going all lights to LED, I have to do the parking lights as well.

JW Speaker 6145J-B Black Bumper Fog Lamp, Pair - Gotta get the matching fog lights to go with the headlights.

JW Speaker 279 J Tail Light Kit, Pair - LEDs for the rear.

That is it for Phase 1 I believe currently. Looking at around $1,045.98 for everything. I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Waiting on a new credit card to come in that I am going to use solely for jeep purchases.

If anyone has any suggestions on these or if vendors here see this and can get me them cheaper, please let me know.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts