Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought my first Jeep and of course I cant leave it stock. I've had her for a couple months now, doing my research to figure out what I want to be able to do and what I want as a final product. I am still getting all the parts together and will share my experience as my trek progresses - hence the project name "TUTT", Trevor's Upgraded TJ Trek.

Iv'e read a lot of great posts from members on this site and here's my plan to start out:

Zone 4.25" combo lift, hydro shocks & solid front sway bar links
Dirtworx front bumper and rear bumper / tire carrier
Engo 10000S winch with wireless remote
Pro Comp 7069 flat black aluminum wheels
33x12.5x15 Mickey Thompson Deegan 38's
Rough Country adjustable front & rear forged track bars
Rugged Ridge tie rod / drag link kit
Terraflex 9550 steering stabilizer

Heres my girl the day I bought her (2003 Rubicon w/~115,000 miles)

I hated the chrome grill inserts, headlight bezels and the silver stickers. Off came the chrome and flat black was installed. Also the silver stickers were replaced with flat black. Gave her her first bath and wax job too...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I came home a couple weeks ago and Santa had stopped by:

Of course, once I had the tires mounted on the wheels, I had to see her future:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I had a chance to get our picture taken in front of a F35C at work; couldn't pass this opportunity up. Wearing my red shirt on Friday to support the troops...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice lookin TJ ! Keep posting them pics. Nice one BTW with the F-35. Need to get my brother to let me get a pic like that when I finish my project up with the F-18

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the Jeep compliments - it's almost like waving but we aren't driving by each other...

So, as Murphy's law would have it, I went out to start her up and she wouldn't idle. I've been trying to figure that out today with help on another thread in the TJ tech section.

On the positive side, the UPS guy (my favorite friend right now) showed up with more boxes. He is definitely getting a Christmas card from me this year:

..and yes, I do know they sent me 2 sent of sway bar links. Crazy Zone supplier.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Thanks for the Jeep compliments - it's almost like waving but we aren't driving by each other...

So, as Murphy's law would have it, I went out to start her up and she wouldn't idle. I've been trying to figure that out today with help on another thread in the TJ tech section.

On the positive side, the UPS guy (my favorite friend right now) showed up with more boxes. He is definitely getting a Christmas card from me this year:
The man in brown is one of my best friend's too:D

Looking forward to seeing the final product.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Got the winch delivered today - Engo 10000s. Just waiting on bumpers and the front track bar and then I should be able to get into the build next week sometime

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Adjustable front track bar, winch remote control and winch cover showed up today. Bumpers should be here Friday.

[

I hope to start the transformation next week sometime.

·
I always wanted a Jeep...
470 Posts
Adjustable front track bar, winch remote control and winch cover showed up today. Bumpers should be here Friday.

[

I hope to start the transformation next week sometime.
I'm running that same track bar in the rear of my TJ. Works well and as I'm sure you know is super easy to install, and no relocation brackets are needed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the front bumper from Robert @ Dirtworx . The rear tire carrier should be here Tuesday. The build will start later this week...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Been really busy lately and haven't had a chance to update, so here is an update:

The Dirtworx rear bumper and tire carrier showed up - thanks Robert:

Basically I just unwrapped it, gave it a bath in Dawn and set it off to the side for finishing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The front Dirtworx bumper comes with a winch plate but it needs to be drilled. Once I got the holes correct, I finished the bumper with 3 coats of Rust Oleum primer & 3 coats of Duplicolor bed armor. I wanted to use the rattle can because if it gets scratched, I can just spray on some more. Anyway it turned out pretty nice:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New bumper installed and then put on the winch. Step 1 complete. Now to the rear bumper and then the lifts & wheels / tires.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MML & BL are installed. I'm still working on the rear bumper / tire carrier and once I get those installed I will post up some pics. She sits heavy nose down with the front bumper and winch on but without the weight in the back from the bumper & tire, I don't want to embarrass her by posting those pics.

As far as the Zone BL is concerned, it was pretty much straight forward. My biggest issues were the fuel filler neck and the MML. Actually not really issues, just a PITA. The filler neck rubber sleeve was just long enough that I could barely install the hose clamps. I have yet to fill up with gas to see if it leaks but it is installed. The MML was just the opposite of what I though it would be - the drivers side was much easier for me than the passenger side. On the passenger side, the lower bolt wouldn't tighten when the weight was actually sitting on the spacer. I had to disconnect the drivers side and raise it up towards the passenger in order to get the socket to fit so I could tighten the bottom bolt. That plus the bolt going from front to back on the passenger side pissed me off.

Either way, its done and I should have pics up this weekend.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pics to go along with my last post:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts