Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I don't think you are supposed to post them, that's why the two before you said to email Gerald. Most companies don't want anyone to be able to Google search this and find a code. They only want real JF or WF people to be able to use it. If anyone can use it, why have it? :thumb:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yep, email them is the best way.
I got one of their gas tank skids and I have to tell you it fit perfectly. All the hardware was first class, plus a few spares. My gas tank fit into the skid without a 1/8" excess. There is no chance it will wiggle around and wear a hole in itself.
Plus the skid tucked up nice and high and looks like sharp. I had my jeep worked on today and the mechanic complimented me three times on the skid wanting to know who made it.

I've dragged it over rocks and its tough as steel. I like it and if I got another jeep I would buy another Savvy aluminum gas tank skid without hesitation.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Yep, email them is the best way.
I got one of their gas tank skids and I have to tell you it fit perfectly. All the hardware was first class, plus a few spares. My gas tank fit into the skid without a 1/8" excess. There is no chance it will wiggle around and wear a hole in itself.
Plus the skid tucked up nice and high and looks like sharp. I had my jeep worked on today and the mechanic complimented me three times on the skid wanting to know who made it.

I've dragged it over rocks and its tough as steel. I like it and if I got another jeep I would buy another Savvy aluminum gas tank skid without hesitation.
How much does it move it up? Does it require body lift?

·
Registered
300 Posts
How much does it move it up? Does it require body lift?

I would conservatively guess it moved up about 2". Maybe a little more.

The beauty of THIS skid is you do not need a lift but if you go with one later, the skid will still work. You just use different, pre-drilled holes to bolt it up.

It's first class all the way. I know it sounds like a shameless plug but I have no dog in this hunt. Its just quality stuff at a bargain price is so rarely encountered.

And by the way, if you do place an order with Savvy, order their Nutsert tool too. If you don't use it right away, you will thank yourself later for having it. It crimps the nutsert and ROLLS the outer edge instead of just mashing it. It looks neater and holds better than using a couple of nuts on a bolt. Its well worth the money too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
......agreed..... email them and hope for the best..... BUT, if you search hard enough, you'll find anything.. ask me how I know :whistling:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts