Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Just got my Bestop underseat lockbox and will probably install it tomorrow morning. Looks like a solid product.

I was surprised to see the instructions don't advise you of a particular torque setting for your front seats after the install.

Anyone have any input on either the torque I should use or at least where to find the proper number?

Thanks,

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Not familiar with the lockbox, but if it uses the seat mounting bolts--they're supposed to be about 45ftlbs-

Sorry if it didn't help-

Good luck

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JIMBOX said:
:whistling: Not familiar with the lockbox, but if it uses the seat mounting bolts--they're supposed to be about 45ftlbs-

Sorry if it didn't help-

Good luck

They do indeed use the seat mounting bolts Jimbo, so that was perfect. Thanks. :thumb:

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
With all you know about Jeeps and Jeeping, there couldn't be much room left for anything else.... It's amazing you know how to tie your shoes. Figuring out a woman?.... forget it! :rofl::D

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JIMBOX said:
Remember, thats with DRY THREADS
Do you mean as opposed to thread locker? I was planning on running a line of blue thread locker on them before twisting them down . . .

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D--Don't give me too much credit-I don't even have shoestring shoes any more, they're either Nevados /w straps or boots with cord/zippers-

With all you know about Jeeps and Jeeping, there couldn't be much room left for anything else.... It's amazing you know how to tie your shoes. Figuring out a woman?.... forget it! :rofl::D
If I had to tie shoelaces I'd probably need a youtube video !

·
Registered
481 Posts
I used an 1/2" impact with a 18mm socket

What I did not understand was to put one strap under the seat bracket and the other on top
Seems to me that would make my seat set uneven so I put them both under

Maybe I misread the instructions

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Don't need loctite.

Daggo's right about the original tightening of the bolts. I had to use a breaker bar on both of mine to get em loose when I installed my Tuffy. Felt like 100+ on the bolts...easily.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I think I know what Kong did after dismounting from his Emipire State Bldg perch....

Jeep hired him to snug down various bolts n' pieces on my Wrangler....

It DID take a long handled breaker bar to get mine moving....and considerable 'grunt sounds'.....

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
re: "Seems to me that would make my seat set uneven so I put them both under"

I just used a handy spacer I had laying about, plus raise the seat front about 1/4" which made a TON of improvement in comfort for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts