Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than taking it to a shop and having someone do, what is the proper way to adjust the headlights? I have seen several different ways to do this. Is there any "technical specs" that should be followed?

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
Good question! I don't think mine were ever adjusted after the lift so I need to know this, too.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
^^^ Yep. thats the way to do it, but you got to be sure that the ground your on is prettly flat and level otherwise you'll be adjusting them several times.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Good question! I don't think mine were ever adjusted after the lift so I need to know this, too.
what do you mean adjusted. mines lifted too and i have never heard that a lift will throw the headlights out of wack. what are ya talkin about?

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
If your lights are adjusted when the jeep is stock, then you lift it, wouldn't the lights be pointed too far forward? Mine seem kinda dim on the road but shining on the garage door, they seem bright enough. I also get flashed by people thinking I've got my high beams on.

Anyway, I figured my lights need to be adjusted.

·
Registered
169 Posts
This is out of a 98TJ fsm. It is more exact than the google thing. I hope it is useable on your year.

[url="http://www.vintagemusicprojects.com/jeep/servicemanuals/TJ98/etj_8l.pdf]Headlight Adjustment[/url]

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
Bigjeep, yes.

Buster, I got, "The page cannot be displayed." from your link. I'll try again later.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
If your lights are adjusted when the jeep is stock, then you lift it, wouldn't the lights be pointed too far forward? Mine seem kinda dim on the road but shining on the garage door, they seem bright enough. I also get flashed by people thinking I've got my high beams on.

Anyway, I figured my lights need to be adjusted.
Your jeep has a bad boob job Amy ;)

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
They're just really perky.:D

I gotta admit, you made me spit tea all over my monitor with that one, Tiny.:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts