Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently started doing overhaul on my YJ replacing all the little things needing fixed prior to shipping it overseas when I go in a couple months. I want to make sure nothing surprises me! I replaced the master cylinder because it was leaking in the process my dumb a$$ stripped the top two inlets of the proportioning valve. I can't seem to find one anywhere other than eBay. I would prefer to use a reputable company. Does anyone know where I can find one? I have spoken with NAPA, AutoZone, Advanced Auto, and Summit Racing none of these places have one. Summit Racing has one that is very similar however I can't verify if the computer plug will work or if I can reinstall the one off the old valve. If there is place two get it do they happen to have the pre bent lines from master cylinder to the valve as well? I'm not sure if it was factory but the ones that were on prior were bent into a circle and fit perfectly. I would have still used them had they not been rusted caused by the master leaking for so long. Previous owners just let it continuously leak. One this is done pressure washing inside and underneath again to see what else might be an issues :/ any help is greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Been there - I recently cross threaded out one of my ports. I did get a thread cutting bit and re-cut the threads but I am not happy with the fit. I just ordered a new one from Morris 4x4 - they were the only place I could find one. The feedback I heard was that aftermarket companies do not produce these due to the potential liability. Good Luck.

Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories, Jeep Soft Tops at Morris 4x4 Center

The Customer Service Team
Morris 4X4 Center
1020 SW 10th Ave.
Bay 4
Pompano Beach, FL 33069

[email protected]
Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories, Jeep Soft Tops at Morris 4x4 Center

954-941-7807 local
877-553-5337 outside Florida
954-943-0346 fax

·
Registered
316 Posts
Robert0069 has one for sale down in the for sale section. You also might get one from someone parting out a Jeep.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Brand new 4 Wheel Parts just put proportioning valve TJ into Google worked for me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts