Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying the superchip for my 08 wrangler x unlimited.
Worth the money or not?

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Do you have a manual or auto transmission? And have you done, or do you plan to do, a lift with bigger tires?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm waiting for them to release their new Vivid before buying. I've already lifted and added tires but I saw this was coming out in the next few months so I'm holding out.
Has all the tunes they are known for, but in a droid type phone/tablet to real time monitor via blue tooth, touch screen,etc.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
The Flashpaq makes an autobox JK a much more fun vehicle to drive, especially if you've done gears/tires or drag a trailer.
I get worse gas mileage with it but am fine with that. It is such a pleasure to drive now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been running a SuperChip for about 4 months now. I have put the stock programming back in twice and can really tell the difference. Better performance and better gas mileage even with 87 octane.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Anyone used this on a 2010 model.. Been to their website and the ones they sale on E-bay and if you do the see if your model the 2010 say no it is not. Looking at the 8575 model which only lists the 2007 to 2009 Wranglers. If it is good with the 2010 model it is sad that the company hasn't updated their site.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
hilldweller said:
the flashpaq makes an autobox jk a much more fun vehicle to drive, especially if you've done gears/tires or drag a trailer.
I get worse gas mileage with it but am fine with that. It is such a pleasure to drive now.
x2

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am thinking about buying the superchip for my 08 wrangler x unlimited.
Worth the money or not?
Yes definitely worth the money.

Best mod I've done to my JK for sure.

2010 Auto Rubi btw....

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have also been looking at the Superchips Flashpaq. My jeep (2009 unlimited rubicon) is my daily driver. I am currently reading up on this now? Also would this void any warranty on my jeep? Sounds like you can really do alot tuning wise. I am just intimidated by what you can do i guess. Any advise would be great.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm running the SC on my 2010. Works just fine.

I know very little about the aev procal and have been bit in the past by tuners with few options and weak support.

The SC had the best option package suited for offroading.

The diablo I feel would be the better tuner for really dialing in the drivability but they lack the other features that I am after.

It really is not about the supposed hp gains with these things. It's what you can't measure on a dyno. The drivability. I have noticed measurable gas mileage increases with the SC as well. Not crazy but worth it anyways.

Like I said the diablo could probably make for a better on road feel but the SC has the offroad features. Make your choice. I wish this thing had the five speed auto but the tuner makes it much better to drive with the 4 speed we do have.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been running a SuperChip for about 4 months now. I have put the stock programming back in twice and can really tell the difference. Better performance and better gas mileage even with 87 octane.
I second that, i got a 2010 Rubi and it is amazing how well they go together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts