Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed how exposed and vulnerable the transmission line is while inspecting under my Jeep. I did some shopping and came across a few skid plates that protect the oil pan and transmission. I'm not planning on rock crawling. Anyone know if there is a product out there that can protect the transmission line that isn't a full blown skid plate? I'm mostly concerned with driving over fallen sticks/trees in the trail and something kicking up and snagging the line off the transmission. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Don't know of anything that will protect both that is not a full skid plate. I'd go with a full frame mounted plate. Numerous choices out there. That all work and would give you piece of mind. That's one of the first mods I did.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I recently noticed how exposed and vulnerable the transmission line is while inspecting under my Jeep. I did some shopping and came across a few skid plates that protect the oil pan and transmission. I'm not planning on rock crawling. Anyone know if there is a product out there that can protect the transmission line that isn't a full blown skid plate? I'm mostly concerned with driving over fallen sticks/trees in the trail and something kicking up and snagging the line off the transmission. Thanks for the help.
Check out the Rubicon Express skid plates. I have their oil and transmission skid plates. They are not for hard core rock crawling, but they will keep rocks or branches from hitting the transmission line and oil pan. They are thick heavy duty metal that will not easily dent.

The oil pan skid is $82 on Amazon and the transmission skid plate is $140 on Quadratec.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I noticed the same thing!!!

I installed the rubicon express transmission skid plate. Just a heads up, you have to remove the transmission crossmember to install this skid plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts