Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a clear plastic tube sleeve or something else I could use to protect the body colored hooks on top of the windshield for the soft top clamps & on the bed floor where the rear seat hooks down? Now matter how careful I am these things get scraped up, especial the rear seat hooks. Just looking to prevent rust on these parts.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump to post a picture of what I'm talking about, I found a pic on this forum of the body colored header latch/hook that anyone with a soft top is familiar with. The latches/hooks on the floor for the rear seats are identical.

I'm thinking there's gotta be some thin, smooth plastic sleeve I could put on these things to keep them from getting hacked up.

If rust isn't an issue though, maybe I'd just be better off stripping them and putting some clearcoat on them? Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
My header loops are all kinds of banged up in ways I didn't even know they could be for no reason - near as I can figure it's just the freedom panel latches rubbing through them combined with the soft top hooks in the summer. No rust so far, not really too worried about it. I'd imagine that a little touch up paint and clear coat could improve appearances, but they were probably painted after they were installed so I'd be hesitant to take 'em off. Perhaps mask them and spray on some bedliner, like we do to fix all of our other scratch issues?

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually Dan, I think I found something that might work.

Paint protection film! Both 3M and XPEL make door sill guard film that basically comes in a tape width.

One I get around to touching up the hooks I'll try to get a few wraps of that stuff around and see if it holds up while still allowing the latches for the top and seat to close.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts