Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a newbie, 2019 JLU Sahara with the bikini colored fenders. I am thinking of going trail riding with her. I have ordered front and rear steel bumpers, but really like my bikini colored fenders. I am getting the magnetic armour for her sides as she has a wrap on her, but how do you protect the plastic stock fenders? I welcome any ideas! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
You would thing someone would make some clear molded plastic covers for the leading edge of the rear fenders to protect them by now. At least for the JK. Mine have rock pits and it's 300+ to get them repainted.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can have clear bra applied to the fenders. Shouldn’t be too expensive because it’s not much surface area.

And you can’t use magnetic protection on your doors because they’re aluminum, as mentioned above.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Fenders already have some paint protection on them, at least the rears do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for ideas!

Hey, thankfully I posted this before I ordered the magnetic strips. They definitely won't work on the JL! So I am also looking for something to protect the doors now. I know taking them off is an option, but would rather not do that.

Someone said large wrap (like saran wrap), it would work. My husband is thinking of thin cardboard with truck edging around the doors to hold it on.

Bit leary of covering the entire fender with the blue painters tape, especially the decaled and wrap.

I REALLY got excited for the clear fender protector, but it says only rubicon, I have a sahara. I'm going to send them a message, see if they have both front and back bumpers for a sahara. If so, SOLD!

Keep the ideas coming, and now add protecting the doors. I really want to do the trails but would be really sad if her wrap got scratched - she is only 2 months old!

Thanks - and lots of hugs! :bop:

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Get the chainsaw mounts for the front bumper ends. No brush scratchers.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
There is a product called "clear Bra". For vehicles, not people. It's kind of expensive but has to be installed by a shop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
clear bra or clear wrap to protect paint!

Thank you for these ideas! I found 3m only has their clear coat for rubicon 2019, but looking elsewhere. Also contacted the company who did my sunset wrap to see if they would do clear wrap on her fenders and on top of existing sunset wrap. Great ideas! I'll post the outcome to help others!:puke:

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
Go to your local tint shop and have a discussion about film for paint protection. There are several major brands and many option for placement. Little or a lot of coverage, it’s up to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts