Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still have my JK, but welcomed a new member to my Jeep family...my 1984 CJ! I have always wanted a CJ and I finally pulled the trigger on one! It's got a 258 with a 4 speed. 84000 original miles. Working a few bugs out though. Mainly gauges that don't work. Oil pressure and temp. Any advice or help is welcomed. Thanks! Hope you like it!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Nice CJ. The light bar reminds me of the one I had years ago.

Does your fuel gauge work? Wiring on the CJ's is started to show its age. I replaced my harness a few years ago but it was toast.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice CJ. The light bar reminds me of the one I had years ago. Does your fuel gauge work? Wiring on the CJ's is started to show its age. I replaced my harness a few years ago but it was toast.
The fuel gauge was the only one that did work! They all work now....I fixed them. I took the light bar off because I didn't want to replace all the old lights. I think I can save the harness....just having to take my time testing/fixing.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
The fuel gauge was the only one that did work! They all work now....I fixed them. I took the light bar off because I didn't want to replace all the old lights. I think I can save the harness....just having to take my time testing/fixing.
Wow. Someone must have fixed it because they are notorious. I didn't have one for years and let's just say I ran out of gas more than once. :rofl:

I don't blame you on the light bar. Just not my thing. I think a couple on the bumper and maybe some on the windshield frame is plenty.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Nice rig!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An updated pic. Painted the wheel centers black, bed lined the tub, and it's 50# lighter from all the junk PO added wiring.

image-1195075350.jpg

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Great looking CJ. You going to put the other seats in, or just leave it with a driver's seat?

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
That is a beautiful CJ. Very Jealous. CJ's have always been my favorite Jeep.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Cool CJ. I miss my 84 CJ7. My kids (now adults and FMF docs) recently told me the best memories they have is the fun we had off roading with gringo (our dog).

·
Registered
511 Posts
Man this thing is sweet! I have a YJ and I really like it, but there's something about the CJ's that I like just a tad better. Great looking rig!

·
Registered
579 Posts
CONGRATS AND WELCOME !!! You are lucky !!! Thats a jeep that will last forever, and please don`t ever change that mighty 258 out of there, it will be a crime !!!!
A CJ subdit here.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
CONGRATS AND WELCOME !!! You are lucky !!! Thats a jeep that will last forever, and please don`t ever change that mighty 258 out of there, it will be a crime !!!!
A CJ subdit here.
I guess I have always been an outlaw...One drive in my cj7 with the 400 horse 350 might make one out of you too......

1 - 20 of 37 Posts