Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 2 hours of renting a wrangler out on block island I decided I needed to have one. I test drove and finalized a purchase for a new 2011 Mango Tango Unlimited. Pick her up Monday. Very excited to own my first jeep! Any other JK owners out in Connecticut?

·
Registered
693 Posts
You rented one for two hours?! That's all?! You have a lot of will power! I'm considering getting one myself. I realize that the 4-door is the only way for me to go, as I need to pull 3,500 lbs. I have two dealers on watch for a used one the way I want it. We'll see if anything happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll be sure to post some pics this week after i pick her up. Very excited and yeah, will power is definitely lacking but I'm sure glad it is!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congratulations!

And welcome to the forum! I've had my Mango Tango Sahara JKU for about a month and a half and love it! Here's a pic:

So far, we've gotten a brake controller installed to tow our 3500 pound camper, door sill guards (freebie from dealer :)), and her underbelly coated to protect her while we take her wheelin' on the beach. The "Tiki Bob" tire cover was a "Jeep-warming" gift from my 19 year old son who drives a '97 TJ. I'm so Jeepy-eyed that my hubby is thinking of buying me an older JK or TJ 2-door for my daily driver. I must be the only wife that goes to bed reading the JCWhitney catalog and surfin' the Quadratec website!

Congratulations on a great choice (vehicle and color)!

·
Registered
276 Posts
So after 2 hours of renting a wrangler out on block island I decided I needed to have one. I test drove and finalized a purchase for a new 2011 Mango Tango Unlimited. Pick her up Monday. Very excited to own my first jeep! Any other JK owners out in Connecticut?
That is awesome welcome to the forum. The only thing we require here is pictures. Good, quality pictures. I can't wait to see them. That is so cool. At least you only have to wait until Monday. Soon.....

Rock on.......and always, always Wave.

:wavey:

·
Registered
276 Posts
And by the way. Hope your pockets are sealed tight. The Jeep bug has a way of latching on and it's amazing how it always does so right where you keep your wallet.

I have the virus and am contagious.

Rock on.

·
Registered
179 Posts
There are tons of owners in Conn. Just had one flip over on it side in front of my house this morning. Women driving is O.K. Jeep not so much so.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know the feeling. Just got mine about a month and a half ago (black rubi) and I love it. Let it snow this year, I'm ready not that I had trouble gettin around in my suburban but now I know I'm not gettin stuck. Congrats and good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@BBDUCK... I'm liking the spare cover, tell your son good job! Thanks to all for the well wishes. I'm already plotting what I can do, thankfully the fiance has jeep fever a bit too so I won't be getting yelled at :thumb::dance::thumb:

·
Registered
187 Posts
bbduck said:
And welcome to the forum! I've had my Mango Tango Sahara JKU for about a month and a half and love it! Here's a pic:

So far, we've gotten a brake controller installed to tow our 3500 pound camper, door sill guards (freebie from dealer :)), and her underbelly coated to protect her while we take her wheelin' on the beach. The "Tiki Bob" tire cover was a "Jeep-warming" gift from my 19 year old son who drives a '97 TJ. I'm so Jeepy-eyed that my hubby is thinking of buying me an older JK or TJ 2-door for my daily driver. I must be the only wife that goes to bed reading the JCWhitney catalog and surfin' the Quadratec website!

"Jeepy-eyed" = AWESOME!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
[snip]Very excited to own my first jeep![/snip]
Welcome to the forum! :thumb:

Definitely get the pics up...

If you look through the forums here, you can find people from all over the US (and other countries)... Have you tried a web search for Jeep groups in Connecticut? I found a few in my area (Virginia) that way.

·
Statler & Waldorf Show
835 Posts
All right! Congrats and enjoy your new Jeep. I hear Mango Tango is a hit during Holloween.

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown! :whistling:

Here's a pic:

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
CtJKJeep said:
:wavey: Windsor locks here.

You do know there is a local section on here :)

·
Bazinga!
1,180 Posts
Went to RI and Block Island last week for vacation, couldn't spit with out hitting a jeep. Cool place, Block Island totally fogged in but had fun. Thinking about ferrying my Jeep over next time I go back.

·
Registered
60 Posts
bbduck said:

I often have to wait till my wife is done with the last off-road, jeep monthly mag. till she is done with it she loves jeepin.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts