Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally gave in and traded my 05 Wrangler sport for a 2013 Wrangler Sahara. 70k miles. Never thought I would but having a 1 year old my, the wife and I needed a second car that the boy could safely be put in. Cherry on top was that I could keep a manual transmission. Very happy with the purchase. I'll miss my TJ but after being hesitant for so long I can finally admit I love JK's.

(I will not miss driving that thing on the highway during strong winds. White knuckling it across New Brunswick and Nova Scotia was never fun)

Volpe

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon in Anvil.
86 Posts
Congrats!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: SirVolpe

·
Retired Moderator
102,504 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
Nice looking Rides!

Reactions: SirVolpe

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Our JKUR was our first family car. A little more hassle than a minivan, but still not bad at all. The first time we took the boy off road in the Sierra he was still rear facing (and mom had to sit in back and hold his head on big obstacles. The first time he did the Rubicon, I made him wear a helmet. Good times and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Miss my 00 TJ. My daughter rode in it safely from birth for 13 years until I traded it for a JK. She was pissed, but I got tired of wondering how many more frame cracks I was going to have to weld.
Enjoy the JK, it is a pretty big difference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
654 Posts
Congrats! Its easy to fall in love with a JKU, especially after you get it to where you want it. Ask me how I know. But, Im having a hard time letting go of my beautiful and fantastic handling TJ. Yes, fantastic, to me lol Laughing, but really it does awesome on the highway and trails. Maybe because Im only on 33's.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Congratulations. I remember my excitement after buying my 13 jku. I moved from 30 years of YJ so I get the step up to comfort part. Driving the newer Jeeps is a different experience, yet they still perform off-road. Enjoy the memories you will make with your family. My son was 2 1/2 on his first off-road trip, we broke the rear axle and he still remembers it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts