Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't wrench on cars much and I bought my TJ a few months ago. Took me a long time to put my Zone lift in mostly because I had to look up the definitions like, where is my track bar, what is a control arm, pitman??? Etc. well, I got that good " you get in where you fit in" feeling the other day when I took my new lifted Jeep in to get an alignment (cuz you guys scared me to death about this Death Wobble thing) and the head wrench comes out, looks at the Jeep and says "nice job on the lift" after making about 50 mistakes and 20 do overs. I took that compliment from the expert and strutted on out of there!
Thanks to all you folks who helped me with my lift.
Art

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Working on your Jeep is the best way to get to know your Jeep, plus its very rewarding. But I feel bad for the guys that bought a Jeep with bad rust/corrosion, that cannot be fun to work on at all.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Congrats on your wrenching success!! Now your well and truly hooked, won't be long you'll be spending as much or more on tools than parts and finding that you can't remember the stuff you used to think about before """JEEP""" took over your every waking thought and most of your dreams.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have always been a nerd and didn't really work on cars but a jeep and this forum changed all that. Now I have a badass jeep, I ride a tiger to work and all the hookers say I'm nice.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I have always been a nerd and didn't really work on cars but a jeep and this forum changed all that. Now I have a badass jeep, I ride a tiger to work and all the hookers say I'm nice.

HAAHA! Good stuff right there. :drinks:

Congrats to the OP too, first time is always the scariest.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
'13 JK
4,694 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Working on your Jeep is the best way to get to know your Jeep, plus its very rewarding. But I feel bad for the guys that bought a Jeep with bad rust/corrosion, that cannot be fun to work on at all.
Ya, I had some of that Michigan rust. That part wasn't fun but I think I found a Jeep with not too much rust for my State. I still followed the sample on this forum and painted my frame

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on your wrenching success!! Now your well and truly hooked, won't be long you'll be spending as much or more on tools than parts and finding that you can't remember the stuff you used to think about before """JEEP""
Ain't THAT the truth. You know? the upgrades and parts aren't that expensive. It's just so many things you can do! My lawn mower just can't keep parts. I have to order a trackbar, lift kit, steering stabilizer, 33's, winch, soft top....At least that's what I tell my wife, heh, heh!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Kudos to you, Art!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts