Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how to disable this....if i get anywhere near my jeep, the lights come on and the doors unlock.

·
Premium Member
2,794 Posts
What year and model of Jeep do you own? I have a 2020 JLUR with Remote Proximity Keyless Entry. Mine will unlock when I get very close to the driver door but I guess I have a setting different from yours.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have to put my hand in the door handle of one of the front doors or tailgate before it unlocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
9,516 Posts
There’s a sensor on the inside of the door handle. It will sense your hand without even having to pull the handle, but your hand has to be near it.

Here’s FCA’s official video of Keyless Enter-n-Go —its marketing name

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What year and model of Jeep do you own? I have a 2020 JLUR with Remote Proximity Keyless Entry. Mine will unlock when I get very close to the driver door but I guess I have a setting different from yours.
its a 2010 sport unlimted...is there a way to disable >?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
proximity

I started at the jeep and counted my foot steps as I walked away...close to 100 before lights shut off and remote stopped working...reason I want to disable is I think it will eventually kill my battery,,,any one know how to stop this feature.

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
I'm thinking there is something wrong with your remote, like the button to unlock the doors is being activated all the time. Put that remote away and get out the spare one that came with your Jeep and see if it still does it.

·
Premium Member
2,794 Posts
I'm thinking there is something wrong with your remote, like the button to unlock the doors is being activated all the time. Put that remote away and get out the spare one that came with your Jeep and see if it still does it.
This is what I thought as well. 100 feet is about the proximity for a open doors button on the remote.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I started at the jeep and counted my foot steps as I walked away...close to 100 before lights shut off and remote stopped working...reason I want to disable is I think it will eventually kill my battery,,,any one know how to stop this feature.
So this was as you were walking AWAY? That sounds like it may have nothing to do with the distance- rather, it was probably on a timer. Start far away and walk TOWARD the Jeep. Does it activate at the same distance?

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
There is no proximity open on the 2010. It is either aftermarket or there is a problem with your remote.

Give us a pic of your remote.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
hahaha. Sorry, can't help. 100 ft proximity is just too funny.

Does that mean you can't lock it at home?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do the lights come on when you approach your Jeep at around 100ft? If not, sounds to me like coincidental timing between your footsteps, the remote range, and what the lights’ auto-off timing is set at.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts