Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you input your specific tire size with the procal. I know there are a bunch of dip switches on it but is it just have this dip switch down for 33", or up for 34" and so on. I guess what I am wondering is how does it get your precisely calibrated to your tire size, or is it "close enough call it good" type of calibration.

·
Registered
319 Posts
You measure to the 1/4" and set the switches accordingly. I have found that even being one setting of a 1/4" off will have an impact on the speedometer and make the shifting feel off.

·
Registered
319 Posts
You measure to the 1/4" and set the switches accordingly. I have found that even being one setting of a 1/4" off will have an impact on the speedometer and make the shifting feel off.
The instruction book that comes with the Procal shows how to set the 9 switches. You measure the tire to the 1/4" and follow the instructions in the book. You can view the instructions on AEV's website or see it in action on YouTube.

Here's a link to a video showing it done.

http://youtu.be/MJcqxj8s8Y4

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the video and the info. I guess to the 1/4" of actual tire size is "close enough" to precise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts