Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all Colorado residents....
If you are new to Colorado and got a new Colorado drivers license, recently moved OR if you've renewed your Colorado license check your voter registration.
When you get a new drivers license (and I believe when you renew) the state automatically registers you as "unaffiliated".

To ensure that your county clerk has your proper party affiliation and more importantly, your proper address, go to:

govotecolorado.com

This is even more important for college students that may have had a different address at college and have graduated or are now living at home.

When you go to the state website, simply enter your full name, zip code and date of birth and hit "search".
If the state doesn't have your correct address, you won't get a ballot. Your county clerk gets your voting address from the state, so if you've moved, your ballot could go to your old address.

This actually happened to my granddaughter. I found out about all this from my county clerk and had my granddaughter check her info. Her ballot would have gone to her college address and she's now living at home.

For more information or to confirm the information in this post, contact your county clerk.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: NakedJeeper

·
Super Moderator
12,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you want to keep your taxes low and trails open, I suggest you vote.
It's a good idea to make sure you're registered to the correct party affiliation and they have your correct mailing address. If the county doesn't have your correct mailing address, you don't get a ballot.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: JHD1827
1 - 2 of 2 Posts