Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i'd like to have review on the new psc big bore steering box before i pull the trigger on one! ON road and OFF road! Advantages and bottom lines! Not going with full hydro thats for sure and hesitating between this and having my stock steering box replaced under warranty! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did the install on my 2012 JKU. Was having difficulty getting locked in large rocks with my 37" MTR's. Running pretty heavy front setup with gussets, sleeves and Artec Trussing supporting my RCV's on Reid knuckles - but didn't see the need to go full PSC hydro or Redneck.

Results are fantastic. Steering on road is good (well lifted on 37's ,,,,) but crawling is many times better. For me this was the proper answer for my setup. I think anything over 37's would probably want to go hydro but I am happy with mine.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I would like to see reviews as well, my York OBA setup makes adding hydro a problem, hoping this PSC steering box is my answer.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the install on my 2012 JKU. Was having difficulty getting locked in large rocks with my 37" MTR's. Running pretty heavy front setup with gussets, sleeves and Artec Trussing supporting my RCV's on Reid knuckles - but didn't see the need to go full PSC hydro or Redneck. Results are fantastic. Steering on road is good (well lifted on 37's ,,,,) but crawling is many times better. For me this was the proper answer for my setup. I think anything over 37's would probably want to go hydro but I am happy with mine.
Did you buy the high pressure hose as well?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have had it on my '12 jk ruby for awhile now. i got it because i was starting to get some play in the sector shaft on the stock unit. the old issue of not being able to turn on the rocks when locked without moving is gone. easy one handed turning. only running 35s. i did not get the high pressure hose, they said it wasn't necessary.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had it on my '12 jk ruby for awhile now. i got it because i was starting to get some play in the sector shaft on the stock unit. the old issue of not being able to turn on the rocks when locked without moving is gone. easy one handed turning. only running 35s. i did not get the high pressure hose, they said it wasn't necessary.
I have up/down and left/right play in my sector shaft! Thats why i wanna upgrade or at least replace the steering box! It gets a little crazy on the highway with about 2-3" of play in the steering wheel! Does it feel tighter on the road with the upgraded box?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
yes it does, mind you, i do not have any play in any other suspension component. my drag link, track bar and tie rod are all tight and in great shape.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes it does, mind you, i do not have any play in any other suspension component. my drag link, track bar and tie rod are all tight and in great shape.
I have change tie rod, drag link, ball joint as well as track bar bushing lately and i have less play but still to much! This is the only thing left to do!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im gonna get mine changed under warranty before i upgrade so that way i'll get a brand new oem for sale! For all of you who use PSC big bore steering box, do you use the atf +4 oil or standard power steering oil?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts