Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a PSC Brawler Lite with Brawler Bar front bumper and was wondering about install. Used the search function and found a couple guys had installed this bad boy, but they didn't provide much detail.

Anyone care to share their experience in installing this bumper? How long did it take? What tools were needed? Is it a 1 person job? Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I followed the instructions given by PSC. Its really easy to do. Just have a socket set with extensions and maybe some help holding the PSC bumper in place while you bolt it in. It's a heavy sucker. This may seem short but it's really an easy install.

The biggest thing for me was painting. I was between bedlining and regular paint of some kind. I chose Rustoleum hammered finish black and I love it. Haven't heard results from anyone else doing this but it seems solid. It was definitely a good choice and seems solid.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Make sure to post pics after the install!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I spent more time removing the old bumper. Install was just 8 nuts that are pretty easy to get to. My biggest recommendation is take your time on paint. It will look great if you do. I had my son help hold the bumper for the install.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Get crafty.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I followed the instructions given by PSC. Its really easy to do. Just have a socket set with extensions and maybe some help holding the PSC bumper in place while you bolt it in. It's a heavy sucker. This may seem short but it's really an easy install.

The biggest thing for me was painting. I was between bedlining and regular paint of some kind. I chose Rustoleum hammered finish black and I love it. Haven't heard results from anyone else doing this but it seems solid. It was definitely a good choice and seems solid.
Appreciate the response. You have a '12, right? I was concerned, for some reason, that install might require some mods on the '12. Is it really as simple as removing the stocker, removing the fogs, bolting the PSC bumper on, then reinstalling the fogs?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Easy install on 2012

Appreciate the response. You have a '12, right? I was concerned, for some reason, that install might require some mods on the '12. Is it really as simple as removing the stocker, removing the fogs, bolting the PSC bumper on, then reinstalling the fogs?
I have a 2012 and the install is super simple. As said before the most time should be spent on getting the paint right. The install had no issues and was easy. You will need two people to mount the bumper as it is heavy (I will need to add a spacer). :thumb:

·
Registered
260 Posts

Yep, it's that simple. Some other PSC bumpers requre trimming the frame but not the Brawler Lite. It just bolts right on. I think you have to relocate the pump if you are going to put on the lower plate but I haven't chosen that option yet.

Agreed, get the paint right. I did mine in a hurry and it could be better. Since it's cold and humid now, allow plenty of time to dry between coats. Honestly, that's the most important thing I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts