Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,847 Posts
Just installed this box on my JK with 37s and a complete Synergy front end. All I can say is Thank You for another great product. This is a big improvement over the stock steering box. I was able to steer with a little effort even with the front diff locked up on my Jeep where I was unable to previously. And on road steering tracks well, feels tight and responsive like somehow my front end found another degree of caster.
Very happy with my product and Offroad Elements support during the purchase and install.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I sure which this would have fit in my Motech LS3 conversion, but sadly it doesn't.

·
Registered
41 Posts
PSC Motorsports SG688 Big Bore XD Steering Gear for 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK! !!
If you want to use this on a lifted motor vehicle you need to turn upside down the drag bar because a drop pitman arm is not accessible. If this was noted it would have made the install a lot smoother.

·
Super Moderator
2,847 Posts
I sure which this would have fit in my Motech LS3 conversion, but sadly it doesn't.
It’s a bummer isn’t it. Just had to take mine out and port my stock box. Just installed a complete Redneck Ram hydro assist because the LS wouldn’t clear.

But now I have Hydro assist! :dance:

·
Super Moderator
2,847 Posts
PSC Motorsports SG688 Big Bore XD Steering Gear for 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK! !!
If you want to use this on a lifted motor vehicle you need to turn upside down the drag bar because a drop pitman arm is not accessible. If this was noted it would have made the install a lot smoother.
? I didn’t have to turn anything upside down? The pitman arm and all your draglink uses joints with a tapered shank. They only go one way?

·
Registered
879 Posts
It’s a bummer isn’t it. Just had to take mine out and port my stock box. Just installed a complete Redneck Ram hydro assist because the LS wouldn’t clear.

But now I have Hydro assist! :dance:
I'm doing the same thing as you. :)

Reactions: RichL35

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Ok, anyone, how big of an upgrade is this? I’ve got 37s, and have upgraded all my other steering components but this. Is it just a matter of time until my steering box, etc. give out with 37s? Is the steering that much different?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,847 Posts
Ok, anyone, how big of an upgrade is this? I’ve got 37s, and have upgraded all my other steering components but this. Is it just a matter of time until my steering box, etc. give out with 37s? Is the steering that much different?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is an excellent upgrade that has big strength advantages but also significant power advantages over the stock box. If I could fit this with my LS I wouldn’t even consider going to hydro assist. I was running 37 x 13.5 R17s with lockers and had no problems turning.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Worth it for me first on 35s and now 37s. Steering is very good with front locked up. I got the XDR in case I wanted to go hydro in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts