Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for opinions on pros/cons of the 2 rear bumper options that I'm looking at below. This will be for a 35" tire with total weight of ~92lbs. There will be less added weight going with the bumper/TF hinge combo so that is an advantage for that option. What is the advantage of going with the RockBrawler II with tire carrier?

1. PS RockBrawler II w/Tire Carrier:

2. PS RockBrawler (no carrier) with the TF Hinge.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I went with the TF kit because I wanted to save as much weight as possible. The only downside is that you can't do a 40" tire with the TF carrier but I believe you can with the PSII carrier.

I don't even run a rear bumper, so this works for me. No issues so far with mild off roading with a 37" Nitto Trail Grappler for about a year now.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
you can add a hi lift mount to the ps rock brawler linked tire carrier, but that's about it (its still on the top of my list... 1 more week for decision).

teraflex tire carrier has been known to crack. a wf member had a problem a while back, but theres more detail in the wayalife forum.
TeraFlex Hinged Tire Carrier Break

for the same price as the teraflex, I would get the maximus tire carrier which offers more versatility.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I run the PSC Rock Brawler rear bumper with the TF Hi-lift mount and the tire mount and have had no issues. The issue with the tire carrier cracking has been addressed a long time ago and I have not heard of any recent examples of the tire carrier cracking.

I also run the Vector Off-Road Rotopax mount for water or fuel on my spare tire and the TF tire mount hasn't had any issues with added weight. I also have the TF HD hinge along with the TF tire mount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts