Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the PSC steering worth the money?? i have a 08 jk put dana 60's on it off of a F-250...it has 38's thinking about dropping down to 36's brand/type unknown...Also im looking for stuff to help w/gas every little bit counts, programmers, headers, intake anyother suggetions??

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Well the Superchips Flashpaq did get me 2 mpg. I figured it would pay for itself ($340) in about 15 months at that amount. Many say that it is only worth getting the flashpaq if you have a automatic because you can change transmission shift points but that really isn't true. For one the transmission tuning doesn't even come with the flashpaq, you have to pay extra for it and also it does 41 tuning changes in your Jeeps computer. the tuning is for all Jeeps not just Automatics. Of course you can use it to change other information like tire size and gear ratio so your speedo is correct. So to me the Flashpaq was well worth the investment.

Really the flashpaq is the only proven piece of gear that has shown mpg improvement

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I had long been scornful of power steering on a !Jeep! of all things. I spent some time arguing with a variety of salesmen about getting it, and they always pointed out certain option packages included it. Almost ALL upgrades, IIRC.

Not that I was looking for PS....yet it came on the Sahara unless I want to dismount it.

While putting on something less that a 1000 miles so far, I've come to really like the feel it gives during those few miles.

Perhaps there is advantage.+

1 - 4 of 4 Posts