Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Psi .... Help?

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  phxchargerfan 
#1 ·
I can't seem to get all my tires at 35 psi. 3 are 35 and 1 is 34. Does this differential matter

#2 ·
1 psi isn't much of a difference at all, your tire pressure will fluctuate more than that just from heating up and cooling down, but what are you using to gauge it? The EVIC system? Should be using a regular tire gauge because the reading on the dash isn't as accurate

#5 ·
^^^^^^^^^^ Above is good advise. A good pressure gauge will be much more accurate and most have a bleed button on them. You can over inflate a little and bleed down to exact PSI.

Keep in mind pressure fluctuates anywhere from 3-5 PSI. I live in mass and the air temp greatly reflects PSI. 10 deg F my tires cold are usually 32PSI. As the temp warms up over 40 deg F they are at 37 PSI. Those pressures are both in am before driving. Temp does fluctuate quite a bit so try to check them cold.

BTW to your original question 1 PSI wont hurt.

#7 ·
No, one PSI is nothing when you're talking 4 tires...That could be the sun hitting on a tire warming it up.. Get a good gauge, drive you Jeep, let it sit a few hours(cold), then check the pressure. Keep it at what the pounds are on the driver's door sticker. Like Peddler says, it will fluctuate with the temp. Jeeps are no different than any other vehicle when it comes to tire pressures....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.