Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 wrangler jk unlimited x. Her name is Puddin. She wants to get a lift and some 305/75R16 all terrains on 16x10 rims. She's a smooth ride and I havebeen told that a 3" lift and bump stops would work. Bump stops sound like a rough ride. Would she be better with say a Zone 4" lift? Will her turning radius be affected? And will she need a gear change? Any information would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
I have a 2009 wrangler jk unlimited x. Her name is Puddin. She wants to get a lift and some 305/75R16 all terrains on 16x10 rims. She's a smooth ride and I havebeen told that a 3" lift and bump stops would work. Bump stops sound like a rough ride. Would she be better with say a Zone 4" lift? Will her turning radius be affected? And will she need a gear change? Any information would be greatly appreciated
Unfortunately, there isn't a 305/75-16 tire... With the 3.8, you might take a look at the 295/75-16's. They are a nice match to a 2.5 lift.

The bump stops that come in a lift kit are designed to work with the shocks to control throw and prevent damage to components. You won't even know they are there, they only come in to play under full flex.

To run a tire between 33 and 34 inches, you only need a 2.5 lift so I suggest you do not go above 3 as much more work and $$ comes in to play.

Lastly, what gearing do you have? If you have 3.21 with the 3.8 engine, it might feel a bit sluggish if you go over 33's...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts