Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after searching for what I wanted for weeks and not finding it in the color and equipment needed, I finally ordered my first new vehicle ever. After I was set in what I wanted and contacted 4 dealers in my area and had them give me a bid on what I wanted to order. 1 never bothered to reply 2 of them gave me prices and 1 just called AFTER I had ordered with the dealer. I was able to get it for almost 4% under dealer invoice so I am pretty happy! The other two dealers did not give me a warm vibe and were wishy washy.

This is what I have coming:

Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Billet Silver
24R package
5 speed Auto
Black leather
Black hard top
Slush mats
Connectivity group

Notice lots of the gizmos most people put on them is absent on mine. I was gonna get cloth but after sitting and driving one with leather the seats feel so much better. Did not want NAV, Auto A/C, or a high priced stereo. So now i have a very capable Jeep with no frills.

Pretty excited and hope I will get it before Christmas.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The waiting is the hardest part. Got my billet JKUR last Thursday after waiting 6 weeks. It is well worth the wait

·
Registered
25 Posts
I thought the Rubicon came with an Alpine stereo stock? I got a tow hitch on mine with leather seats. I picked leather because they clean up way faster. Mud would wash off easier on leather. I think you made a good call on the leather.
Congrats for getting the best deal possible! I like that!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The waiting is the hardest part. Got my billet JKUR last Thursday after waiting 6 weeks. It is well worth the wait

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would have ordered last week but they were on order restriction and it was lifted yesterday. I am sure I will have it before the new year. The sales guy said the last time he ordered a Rubi it came in 4 weeks flat. I will just have to be patient.

·
Registered
165 Posts
dieselgiant said:
Well after searching for what I wanted for weeks and not finding it in the color and equipment needed, I finally ordered my first new vehicle ever. After I was set in what I wanted and contacted 4 dealers in my area and had them give me a bid on what I wanted to order. 1 never bothered to reply 2 of them gave me prices and 1 just called AFTER I had ordered with the dealer. I was able to get it for almost 4% under dealer invoice so I am pretty happy! The other two dealers did not give me a warm vibe and were wishy washy.

24R package
5 speed Auto
Black leather
Black hard top
Slush mats
Connectivity group

Notice lots of the gizmos most people put on them is absent on mine. I was gonna get cloth but after sitting and driving one with leather the seats feel so much better. Did not want NAV, Auto A/C, or a high priced stereo. So now i have a very capable Jeep with no frills.

That's exactly my jeep I ordered. Congrats !

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a message early this morning from my sales rep. The unit is now in production, I have my vin number and all the info on Chryslers website for tracking is correct. Maybe I will get it sooner than expected.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer told me today its in D1 and should ship on 11/29. If its true its faster than I thought.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Took less than a month for my Billet Sahara to be delivered.

Ordered on the 10th of October. Dealer called on November 5th and said it had been delivered.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I went with the '12 manual...but, otherwise you and I will own the same Jeep. I hope you like yours as much.

24R package
5 speed Auto
Black leather
Black hard top
Slush mats
Connectivity group

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Very nice. I did the same thing with my Rubicon. They had a 2012 Rubi with no options other than power windows/locks and A/C. For me it's perfect. Oh I did pick up the mandatory slush mats as well.

Congrats!

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
We want pics and we want them now! LOL
Congrats!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts