Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled the trigger on 275/70/17 BF Goodrich KM2's. I was going to get the Goodyear Duratracs but they were on back order and we need tires in the worst way. Also ordered the V-tec raptors in a 17x9 with 4.5 backspacing.

They should be here by Thurs! Can't wait to get these on the JK! Next up is a Teraflex leveling kit!

Pics to come once I get the tires and wheels!

·
Registered
110 Posts
:thumb: I got 'em . . . I Love 'em!! You will, too. Congratulations!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the tires and leveling kit on today. It took about 5 hours to do the teraflex leveling kit. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Only weird thing is the ESP/BAS light came on after a few miles of driving. It seems to be fine, hopefully it goes away.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Got the tires and leveling kit on today. It took about 5 hours to do the teraflex leveling kit. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Only weird thing is the ESP/BAS light came on after a few miles of driving. It seems to be fine, hopefully it goes away.
Looks great. About you ESP light. Make sure your steering wheel is perfectly centered. When I pulled my front axle of to sleeve & gusset it, I put it all back together & my light came on. My steering wheel was off center. I adjusted my tie rod & the light went out the next day. Don't know what I did to mess it up, but it fixed it.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Those are pretty slick looking wheels and tires.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We recentered the steering wheel and after about 10 miles of driving the light went out and has not been on since. As far as mpg goes..... Have only had these on for 2 days but I'm guessing a few mpg less is going to be case with this set up. Not worried about it at all. It's a Jeep not a Prius. Haha

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I agree with Xman, mine also came on last time I smacked into a solid sand bank & moved my axle over about 2 inches, my steering was all out of wack but as soon as I aligned it all the light stopped coming on
That's why I don't like to follow you! You're so hardcore!! J/K:rofl: We love the places you take us, lol.

We recentered the steering wheel and after about 10 miles of driving the light went out and has not been on since. As far as mpg goes..... Have only had these on for 2 days but I'm guessing a few mpg less is going to be case with this set up. Not worried about it at all. It's a Jeep not a Prius. Haha
Glad you got it straightened out! Tires & wheels look very nice

·
Jeep Ninja
1,835 Posts
Lol i understand, im not all that worried about it either j/w heck ive got about 200lbs of armor on my jeep right now lol, and with a spare tire cover like this you can tell i dont mind lol-

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
scgeek12 said:
Lol i understand, im not all that worried about it either j/w heck ive got about 200lbs of armor on my jeep right now lol, and with a spare tire cover like this you can tell i dont mind lol-
Awsome tire cover!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts