Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 258 I6 with a T4 transmission.

I want to pull a 350lb sailboat across 100 feet of soft sand. It's a well traveled area, sometimes it's packed down. The trailer is about 1000lbs. So, I'm looking at 1300lbs total.

Here's the trailer/boat:

I figure the worst that will happen is that I'll get stuck and have to pull the boat off the trailer and drag it by hand. (Its a hobie 16 beach catamaran)

Have any of you done anything similar? Or seen someone try this? I'd rather learn from other people's mistakes haha

·
Registered
167 Posts
From the last time we were down at the beach, i was following some tracks and could feel the rear sliding a bit as the sand gave way. Had to use 4WH a couple of times but that was more for not getting stuck. My 5 is not loaded down with a lot of extras so that may have helped.

If the sand is packed you should be alright if you are pulling. Even in slightly loose sand there should not be any issues. THe only obstacle would be backing it into the water in loose/right at the water sand. but a little pre-scouting should give you a good line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts