Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to pull the body off. I have vacation coming up soon and I'm thinking of taking the body off to bedline the frame.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Wiring will need to be undone in some parts, steering needs to be unhooked. shifters, parking break, break lines unhooked. Could turn into a big job but isn't impossible. Biggest issue would be as already mentioned the body bolts breaking. Would be a good time to go ahead and do body bushings if yours look rough.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Well...I have broken almost all of my body mount bolts trying to pull the tub off a bad frame. For those of you that have run into this issue, what is the easiest way to correct the problem? I know I will have to cut into the body. But, are there any suggestions to make this easier?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would use an angle grinder with a thin cut off wheel and cut a 2 inch square but leave one of the sides uncut and peel it back then pull those plates out and replace them

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are 2 mounts by the driver and passenger seat where the floor is on an angle so I'm not sure if a hole saw would work for those but it might work for others how many bolts did you break

1 - 9 of 9 Posts