Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I got a few days off and was thinking about my rotted out lower section of my Pulse Air system... I am getting like 12 mpg and thought maybe fixing the PAS might help out my gas mileage....

The lower section of the PAS that runs under the Jeep is attached with a hoseclamp (by the PO??) to the exhaust... which just seems stupid. So instead of ordering a $100 PAS pipe section why not just use a section of high temp hose and cut off the pipe up higher away from the exhaust and zip tie it across the frame???

Would it hold up or is the temp too high? Does it matter? I do not needto SMOG so it does not matter, but I just
thought it might be screwing up some sensor and affecting my MPG???

T

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
There is a kit you can get that uses high temp hose that connects to the Cat. conv. I tried getting that pipe for my 89 but it wasn't available so I cut it and connected to the Cat. using the kit and it works great. If you don't have a Cat. it's not going to matter. The pipe that connects to the front pipe at the exhaust manifold is still available. It's best to use an emissions clamp to connect it to the front pipe. The check valves are also available if you need them. I don't think your mpg.'s have anything to do with the pulse air system, especially if you're not running a Cat. Conv. If you're over 88,500 miles you O2 sensor needs to be replaced. You might just need a tune-up and carb. adjustment, if you have one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts