Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 wrangler, i bought it 4 weeks and ago and the guy gave me the receipt were he got new gears and new axle bearings. when i am driving down the road there is a pulsing squeaking noise coming from the rear, then when i hit brakes it goes away and then the brakes start sqeaking(i took tires off last week and brakes are fine, what could this problem be to?) i cant tell if its only pulsing at slow speeds or what because at higher speeds i cant tell cause tires roar.

HELP PLEASE!
im taking it to the shop were the guy put in the new gears and saposily axle bearings so he can change brake in fluid on gears next week, so i just wanna get a idea of what the pulsing could be or if i can fix it before the mechanic lies and gives me a fake list of what needs to be done

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not my forte, but I'll try to toss some ideas out there since no one else has yet...
-Differential Fluid?
-Bad Shock?

Also, I know you said you checked your brakes already, but did you check to make sure that your shoes weren't tightened down too much on your drum?

Sorry if that isn't too helpful, just a few ideas to think about.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know its not the shock because i can be on the brand new paved really smooth part of 95 and it still pulses, but hmm differential fluid, i havent thought of that, how would that make it pulse? i know next week im taking it into the guy that put the gears in and hes changing the break in fluid, and i thought about the brakes being to tight but im not to handy when it comes to brake system yet, im waiting for my buddys dad to get home so he can teach me how to loosen the brakes and tighten them right.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
A Pulsing sound could be a squeky U-Joint. Thats my best shot it would be the rear driveshaft Should be more pronounced in reverse than forward. The brakes squeeking is another issue glazed discs or drum just need to clean the disc or drum and rough up the surface of the pads or shoes with some 60+ grit sand paper and take the shine off.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
never thought about the u-joints but the recipe says they installed new u-joints to so idk, all these ideas ima go outside and try to trac down the noise

·
Registered
75 Posts
U joint is certainly another good guess...as for adjusting your drum brakes, it is very simple...on the back of where you would slide your drum off, there should be a little almost rectangular/oval shaped hole that you can stick a flat head screwdriver into and turn a gear up or down to either tension up or loosen your brake shoes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts