Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
SO... I'm making the plunge back into wrangler territory after a short KJ hiatus, and am looking at a JKU. Found one that I love the color on with everything I want but higher than normal mileage, 130,000 (1 owner iirc) ...The jeep dealer went through and did a complete check and maint turn, (oil changed in diffs, trans, etc 100k turn I think) and did the front oil seal, valve and pan gaskets, brakes and rotors.

The other JK I may get only has 102k 4.10 gears and a factory trash lock, its is an 07. but its 100miles away and has 5 owners :wow:

If I cant get the 08 at the pricepoint that I think it's worth, ill go with the 07 thats further away.

Gut check me, if everything checks out pros and cons of this decision? warning to heed at 130k? besides normal car buying stuff?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Congrats in advance on your future purchase! I can't imagine purchasing an 11 yr old wrangler with 5 previous owners being the smartest decision ever made.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats in advance on your future purchase! I can't imagine purchasing an 11 yr old wrangler with 5 previous owners being the smartest decision ever made.
yeaaah.... my hesitation with that. only thing it has going is mileage, and 4.10 gears... but its way too far away and because it's in another state, more hassle too.

·
Registered
767 Posts
You can get an new '17 entry level JKU for about 28K. I'd be hesitant to buy a 10yr old one. (I have an '08 with about 125K, it's been fine, just would look for something new(er)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can get an new '17 entry level JKU for about 28K. I'd be hesitant to buy a 10yr old one. (I have an '08 with about 125K, it's been fine, just would look for something new(er)
I would, but can't afford new, plus my wife wouldn't allow me to molest a new rig. a used one is half the cost and the only difference is 1 liter and interior stuff right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts