Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've decided that I want to be part of the Jeep club. Im going to start on my adventure on an 88' Wrangler. It's an automatic 6 cylinder (4.2L) since its an older model it isnt fuel injection. So to get to the nitty gritty.. I went over the sellers house, the Jeep turned on instantly, no smoke appeared when I hit the peddle ridin it down the road. The seller said its a great "starter jeep". So tomorrow I'm planning on going to purchase it, and I was wondering if anyone can give me feedback on their older Jeep, is it reliable/ worth it? I have about 3k to put into repairs, which for the moment only seem to be cosmetic.

·
after birthday glow
1,963 Posts
first thing how much is it next check the frame first check by the rear shackles and by the stearing box and dont just look for holes if u can take a hammer and just give it a tap make sure its all good i just had this prob looked fine when i bought it and two weeks later it fell apart the motor is preaty good and other then the frame their isnt to many common probs that are to expensive to fix and mine always starts and untill the frame went away it made it through the trails no prob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts