Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The jeep was too clean. It needed a little something - like mud and dirt. So we headed up toward Engineer Pass on Mineral Creek, just out of Ouray, and ended up in Animas Forks. Rain and a little hail helped. A side trip up the trail to Clear Lake ended at the third to last switchback when I didn't want to tempt fate by climbing a hump half covered in snow and slick from heavy rain. Put air back in the tires at the South Mineral Fork campground near Silverton and headed back to civilization.

But it was enough to take the "new" of the Jeep.

(Hmmmm.... photos didn't load.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Man am I jealous...We were there last year in a rented Jeep, and I wish we could be there this year in our new Jeep. I love that place, I've been going there since I was kid.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,842 Posts
I'll be there in 4 weeks. Doing Ophir first and then gauging the rest on weather. Right now for the next 10 days, t--storms are 60-80% chance every afternoon. Staying in Ouray. Can't wait to get up there.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Back home. Swealtering heat and humidity. The Recon is unloaded, cleaned out and nearly cleaned up. Even now, I'm still spraying small rocks, sand, dirt and dust out of hidden places - like behind the bumpers.

Good times.

On the way home, between Kansas City and Columbia, we were passed by our doppelganger Recon, except it was wearing the hard top and sporting a Maxumus 3 hoop on the front bumper. Pulled off at Columbia, MO.

Average MPG for the whole trip was 17.3 and we now have 4,000+ on the odometer, adding 3k during this trip.

Thanks for the likes and the kind words, pictures and encouragement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts