Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently replaced the iac, cleaned throttle body and replaced grommets on valve cover. rubicon is a 2006 with 79k miles.

on passenger side around 1500-2000 rpm there's a puttering sound more visible in the first video below.

is this normal? vacuum leak? exhaust?

anyone that can help its greatly appreciated

video 1

video 2

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which video are you referring to

I don’t know maybe I’m losing my mind in the tan form passenger side engine bay sounds like a vacuum or exhaust leak but not sure how could be coming from passenger side

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just couldn't hear anything out of the ordinary in either video. Was wondering exactly what time you hear the noise in the videos - might help us hear it. Is there a check engine light? Does the air work properly? My wife's TJ has a vacuum leak somewhere which causes the Jeep to only blow air out of the defrost vents (ie, the vent selector doesn't work).

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I don't hear anything unusual. The A/C clutch kicking in, but other than that... I don't hear anything strange. Looks like that motor is practically brand new!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't hear anything unusual. The A/C clutch kicking in, but other than that... I don't hear anything strange. Looks like that motor is practically brand new!
Yeah I was gonna say that's the cleanest TJ engine bay I've ever seen.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I was gonna say that's the cleanest TJ engine bay I've ever seen.
Does the below help?

video 3

Around 0:03 mark? It's impossible to film but from inside cab and when giving it throttle it sounds like a steam train is best way I can describe it. Only thing I can think of is when I have time and things settle shop checking for exhaust leak somewhere but not sure why would hear it on passenger side if that were the case.

Thanks re: cleanliness. It's an 06 I picked up from New Mexico and had shipped to northeast a few weeks ago. 1 owner with 67K miles - sat in a garage most of i's life. Not a spec of rust and frame still has markings from the factory which is why I picked it up. 4th (and hopefully last) TJ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts