Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, what would I need to put a cb into the void left by my long gone factory radio? I know that its a 1.5 din space, and my old cb is waaay too small. Thanks:) :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: I just ordered a Cobra 18WXStII and a 1.5din dash install kit. Itll be here in a few days and Ill try to post pics. :D

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
Cool! Looking forward to the pics.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Me too, I'm looking for one right now but can't decide since I have about a thousand other things I want in there, on there, around there....

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to put it in the dash after my tuffy stereo console stole my radio, Just a big hole right now and it really bothers me. It looks like theres gonna have to be alot of fabrication to get the cb to fit, Ill try to post pics of the build up if anyone else wants to try this......I hate waiting for parts....I like instant gratification.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I didn't know they had dash kits for Cobra 18's. That should work slick with the front mounted speaker... I want to see the Photo's too. :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Id really like to get a factory dash kit for it, but I had to settle for a stereo mount that Ill have to fab to get it to work. Hopefully itll work easy, if not Ill make it work. Still waiting on the parts..... Im going crazy:eek:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the tip, hopefully I wont have to go that far into it..... but Murphy is a bastard so Im keeping my fingers crossed. The parts will be here by Wed, and then it begins!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
and a little JB Weld for good measure.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ive gotten the cb in now I have to figure out how to post pics....

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Wow.... what a pain, finally figured out how to post pics.

This is the cb in the dash kit..... yes, thats duct tape. :eek: I had to shave the dash side of the kit to make it fit.

And in the dash.....
:eek: I think it fits...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now I have to wait one more day for the rest.....
Did I mention that I hate waiting!:mad:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks.. It really helped that I didnt need to fab anything, just a little love from a blade on the dash kit. Just started usin it today, that front speaker is sooo loud, I can hear it on the highway with my windows down. Im very pleased.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts