Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about taking a Saturday in a few weeks and heading up to Mesquite to explore the Gold Butte area. I am up for a day trip, not sure if I want to spend the night up there. Leave early in the morning, drive the loop, have lunch on the trail, and then depending on time, possibly grab dinner before heading back down the 15. Post up if anyone is interested. Will be a long day!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Never been but want to go for so long now. Sat are no good for me but if you decide to go on a Sun or Mon I am sure I will be in.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'd definitely be game just depends on the Saturday. Sundays always are good too.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's enough interest for me. Since this is a Day trip and I anticipate it being a long one, I prefer Saturday, that way it gives my bones Sunday to recover.

With football being over on Feb 1st, I am pretty open the rest of the Month.

1st Choice 2-7
2nd Choice 2-14
3rd Choice 2-21

Everyone Chime in on what is best and we can pick a date from there.

Once we decide a date I will post a separate thread with meetup info and timing.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never been but want to go for so long now. Sat are no good for me but if you decide to go on a Sun or Mon I am sure I will be in.
Are you sure you can't make a Saturday?

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
168 Posts
That's enough interest for me. Since this is a Day trip and I anticipate it being a long one, I prefer Saturday, that way it gives my bones Sunday to recover. With football being over on Feb 1st, I am pretty open the rest of the Month. 1st Choice 2-7 2nd Choice 2-14 3rd Choice 2-21 Everyone Chime in on what is best and we can pick a date from there. Once we decide a date I will post a separate thread with meetup info and timing.
I'll know better Wednesday of next week. Likely the 14th would work best. I coach a team and am on the board of my son's little league, and we're ramping up with evaluations and all for the Spring in February.

·
Registered
77 Posts
2-21 works best for me as my better half has scheduled my kids' birthdays on the previous two Saturdays. Cest la vie~i.e. nuts :)

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
277 Posts
yah I try to work every sat 1 of the best $$$$$ for me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm in for this one. Been over the Lime Kiln Pass a couple of times, beautiful desert vistas.
022 - Copy.JPG
Nice trails
052.JPG
This little guy wasn't afraid of the Jeep one bit.
050a.JPG
Should be a fun ride.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Any weekend except the 7 th.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. Feb 7 or 21 work best, wife doesn't want me to be too tired to take her out on Valentine's Day. Don't mean to be presumptuous but hoping this is an open invite.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. I could go February 7th or the 21st. My wife does not want me to be too tired to take her out on Valentine's Day. I do not want to be presumptuous but hope this is an open invite.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds like a great trip. I could go February 7th or the 21st. My wife does not want me to be too tired to take her out on Valentine's Day. I do not want to be presumptuous but hope this is an open invite.
Yep, open invite. Wasn't thinking about Valentine's Day.

We will make a call on the date by next weekend,

1 - 20 of 55 Posts