Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 JK jeep wrangler sahara, 2 DR. The passenger window, when raising it, it goes up spuratically. Goes up part way & stops. Then I release the button & start again & it goes some more before stopping again. & on & on til its all the way up. Sometimes more than other times. Need to be reset or something ? Anyone out there experience the same problem? Thanks all........

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
I'm willing to bet its catching on the rubber window seal down in the channel. Also make sure the switch hasn't gone bad

·
Registered
33 Posts
x2 on the wiring harness by the door - make sure it's seated all the way in and tight. Beyond that, you'll have to take apart the panel and check the switch, then take apart the door and check the contacts to the pw motor.

The sucky thing about power windows is that they always fail when they're open, never when they're closed.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue on my 2010 JK Sport. Passenger side inches up a little at a time. It sounds like the motor is 'tired' and needs a rest before it pushes more. Then on the drivers side the switch doesn't do anything most days whether the window is up or down. A day or two later it works fine, but only for a while and you never know when it's going to fail. I've done the battery disconnect and that had no effect.

This is in addition to the brake light, check engine light, tire pressure warning, gas cap warning etc. messages coming on when they shouldn't. I get the feeling that computer chips and electricals have gone sour and it's time to trade in rather than the expense of replacing them all. Any thoughts?

·
Retired Moderator
102,457 Posts
Same issue on my 2010 JK Sport. Passenger side inches up a little at a time. It sounds like the motor is 'tired' and needs a rest before it pushes more. Then on the drivers side the switch doesn't do anything most days whether the window is up or down. A day or two later it works fine, but only for a while and you never know when it's going to fail. I've done the battery disconnect and that had no effect.

This is in addition to the brake light, check engine light, tire pressure warning, gas cap warning etc. messages coming on when they shouldn't. I get the feeling that computer chips and electricals have gone sour and it's time to trade in rather than the expense of replacing them all. Any thoughts?
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Sounds like the motor's burning out. Time to replace the regulator. Same thing happened to my Firebird when I was 18. Made it real interesting to give the cop my license and registration when I got pulled over in the rain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts