Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I have read some threads on here regarding exhaust/cat back systems. The general consensus I've seen is people most of the time hate them. I do understand this is a V6 and isn't going to sound like a V8...however, I am looking for a deeper throaty sound than the stock. The pypes performance kit sounds pretty sweet (on the video they provide - below). I am most certainly not trying to go for that souped up Honda civic exhaust sound - NO, don't want that!

Any thoughts, ideas, anyone have this system?

http://youtu.be/sbOltLBwAIU

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm going to be getting this one. After looking through many youtube videos of different exhausts, this one sounds the meanest by far.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Guess I should speak up now. I bought it and had it on for 2 days before sending it back. It droned so loudly in the cruising rpm range that it made my head hurt. Unbearable

·
Registered
21 Posts
For some reason it's not letting me reply back to you but i was wondering what you are running now? It sucks this one drone cause it sounds nice in the video

·
Registered
328 Posts
I was running the pypes performance dual exit 4.5" cat back. I took it off and put the stock back on. You want to appreciate your stock exhaust? Put on a crap exhaust for a bit. I guess I could have had a fluke one but I don't know for sure. This is just my experience

1 - 13 of 13 Posts