Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the standard factory set belt in my 95 YJ, and on a hard lean to the left I have a bit%h of a time staying in the jeep.

I would like to know if there are some 5 point belts I can get that won't brake the bank?

Roger

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Ebay is your friend there. I see them all the time on there for cheap. That paired with a good set of racing or suspension seats will help with off camber stuff.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thaks for the heads up about Ebay, found the ones that I like, and the price is better than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RJS NEW 5 point Safety Harness Seat Belts Blue SFI 2011Shipping Info
(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)
Description1 Brand New Blue RJS 5 point safty harness seat belts NEW Dates

March 2011 SFI 16.1 Spec. Certification

Latch type (latch & link), Roll Bar Mount Belts (Bolt Ends)

RJS part # 50502-16-06-3 Made in USA

3 inch lap belt, 3" V shoulder harness roll bar mount and 2" single sub belt

3" Lap belts extends from 18 to 64 inches.
3" V Shoulder harness extends up to 37"
2" Single Sub belt extends up to 28½"

For racing safety requirements

New in stock and ready for immediate delivery

We gladly combine shipping.

Thanks for LOOKING. Check out our other auctions.
Please Click the "More Auctions" Link Button just below
Please check out our other items! Please add us to your favorites list! Shipping InfoBuyer to pay shipping of $10.00 for first item and $5.00 for second or each additional item that can be packaged together. We gladly combine shipping. At checkout, discount for additional item is automatically applied. Prices shown are for CONTINENTAL United States (Lower 48 states) ONLY.

[URL="http://marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com/pay.asp?cmd=aco&uid=61440&lid=434817805&atc=6109"]
If you are the winner, click the button above to check out right now!
[/URL]

This is the belt, as a pair, one set for each front seat,

·
Registered
135 Posts
(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

Please Click the "More Auctions" Link Button just below Please check out our other items! Please add us to your favorites list! Shipping InfoBuyer to pay shipping of $10.00 for first item and $5.00 for second or each additional item that can be packaged together. We gladly combine shipping. At checkout, discount for additional item is automatically applied. Prices shown are for CONTINENTAL United States (Lower 48 states) ONLY.

My buddy has the RJS 5points in his VW rail buggies! They work great! Alot more comfortable if you get the pads to go with them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. on the pads I'll need to look them up as I didn't know there were pads to be had, hadn't thought about it not being user friendly.:redface:

·
Registered
135 Posts
They are shoulder strap pads.. They are made by RJS. They might actually make a 5point that comes with them ? I know they help keep your shoulders from getting rubbed raw lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, I thought you were saying that I needed a pad for the area at the latch, the shoulder pads are easy, sweat bands for a welders helmet, made of wool rap around and snaps into place, thanks again.
Roger

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
that flat part behind the latch i the pad for the latch. it works fine. i had racing belts in my karmann ghia (no idea why, they came in it) and they latched the same way yours do. they were very comfortable

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whats the installation like on these? I found them on ebay, but is it one seatbelt only or two (for driver and passanger)?

Thanks

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

Please Click the "More Auctions" Link Button just below
Please check out our other items! Please add us to your favorites list! Shipping InfoBuyer to pay shipping of $10.00 for first item and $5.00 for second or each additional item that can be packaged together. We gladly combine shipping. At checkout, discount for additional item is automatically applied. Prices shown are for CONTINENTAL United States (Lower 48 states) ONLY.

If you are the winner, click the button above to check out right now!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
When you go to install them, you NEED a harness bar. Do not install them to your floor boards or much lower than shoulder height. Compressed discs in your vertebra or worse is not a good thing. There are good bolt in options out there for harness bars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
cool, any recommendations on the harness bar? ebay? Any info on this is appreciated as of now in my YJ only drivers side seatbelt is working along with the backseat ones, but the passanger on is not so i usually ride alone nowdays. i was thinking either taking off the passanger side seatbelt and trying to fix it myself or use the ones above which i think are awesome!

thanks!

When you go to install them, you NEED a harness bar. Do not install them to your floor boards or much lower than shoulder height. Compressed discs in your vertebra or worse is not a good thing. There are good bolt in options out there for harness bars.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is the harness bar for the YJ, as you see it sets right behind the seats so if you like to lean way back, you can't, only about 3".
I think this one will work out realy well, It's $128.95 with all mounting hard wear.
Found it at tellico4x4.com built by hard rock 4x4.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Busemans:
I all so had them in a Karmann Giha, but I was running a 914 Porch power plant. it would pull the front wheels off the ground and hold it there.:D:punk:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
ropanach nailed it. Hard Rock 4x4 was the company I was thinking of. They have that straight across bar and they also make a set of angled bars that don't black access to the rear seat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts